What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Computer Crash

Kommie986

Hi guys. A few days ago, my computer BSOD'd while I was watching a video. So I booted it up again and it BSOD'd right as Windows loaded (I have Vista, so basically after the loading bar finishes and the round Windows icon appears). I don't quite remember what it said because it was late and I had stuff to do the next day. So next day, I boot up into safe mode, and I actually manage to get onto my account (everything was still there) and I saved my important documents to a USB stick. However, it BSOD'd again. Seeing as it seemed to let me access Windows for a bit if I let it rest, I waited and started it again. This time, it still let me go into Safe Mode so I backed up the rest of my documents. But after another little while, it of course BSOD's again. Since I had all my important documents, I decided that it wouldn't hurt reinstalling Windows. But I decided to try "Repair" and "Windows Restore" while booting from the Windows disk first in case I can still rescue my programs and stuff. During the "Repair" process, it gave me an error and followed to BSOD. So I give it a while, start up again, and try the "Restore". However, in my stupidity, I guess I forgot to turn System Restore back on after I was clearing old useless Restore Points. So I go back, and try to instal Windows. I got a BSOD again. I don't remember exactly the messages said, but I think one of them was somewhere along the lines of corrupt system 32. It said it might be because of newly installed hardware or software. I didn't instal anything new (hard or soft), so I decided to unplug as many things as I could. I booted it up again and this time it gave a black screen saying something about bad HDD. So right now I'm thinking it's either my HDD's problem or my SATA ports problem. I tried replugging my HDD to different SATA ports, and it seems fine. Also, my ODD can load the windows disk. Should I just RMA my HDD, or do you guys think theres another problem?

Also: How would I wipe my drive clean if I have to send it back to RMA? Seeing as I only have 1 HDD I can barely boot into Windows..

Edit: 0xc00000e9 when Itry to boot to Windows Vista DVD

Last edited:

_dangtx_

Banned
get some capitalist sata cables and try again.

but seriously, load up a copy of ubuntu and see if it craps out on you or not.

Kommie986

get some capitalist sata cables and try again.

but seriously, load up a copy of ubuntu and see if it craps out on you or not.
I'll try new SATA cable, and what is ubuntu?
Also, any suggestions on how to wipe the drive clean before sending it in to RMA?

Kommie986

I plugged in an old IDE drive with WinXP installed, and it won't even boot to that. So I"m guessing screwed up board???

Edit: OK, weird, but it seems it is booting now from my IDE drive. Does the IDE and SATA run off the chipest? Now I just have to activate windows... IT seems my instal ID is invalid....

Last edited:

_dangtx_

Banned
no....

new hdd,or used hdd with nothing on it,then install.

or use a cd of ubuntu to see maybe its other hw related like board ram..

Kommie986

no....

new hdd,or used hdd with nothing on it,then install.

or use a cd of ubuntu to see maybe its other hw related like board ram..

I just went out an bought a WD 500GB RE4.Windows instal went a 'lil, then it BSOD'd again. RMA motherboard I guess..

Latest posts