What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What price should I ask for my old rig?

Mibs

Hey all,

I recently built a new gaming rig, and I really have no use for my old one. A friend has expressed interest in buying it, but I really have no idea what to ask for it. The old rig is in my sig, does anybody have any suggestions on how much I should ask for this? Keep in mind I won't be selling the monitor. I know how much all the components cost me at the time of purchase...but my issue is I don't know how much the value has gone down after a few years. I don't expect to get a lot for it, but I also don't want to ask an outlandish price.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Last edited:

Mibs

Thanks for the quick reply. That was sort of the ball park price I had in my head when I first thought about it. I don't think its unreasonable.

Mibs

$350 seems a bit low to me, but I'm inexperienced in selling old parts. Do WC components really go down in value that much? My feeling is that a decent quality loop like that shouldn't go down in value as much as an old chip or graphics card. I can understand those being essentially worthless now. But thanks for the reply nonetheless.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I think his WC loop alone is probably worth $150 parted out. I'd say in the $400-450 range.

DarkMasterMX

Because of the WC loop it will retain a chunk of value. The rest of the parts are a bit dated and older systems in that range or even newer have been going pretty cheap in packages. Unless you can re-use the loop and just toss on air cooling for that system I'd agree wit SugarJ around $400.00-$450.00.

LarkStarr

the loop and the PSU carry a lot of weight in that system, probably $200 or more alone. everything else is real old, and will net you probably another $150 at best. ($30 cpu, $50 mobo, $40 ram, $30 gpu) So i'll stick with $350

NI3

the loop and the PSU carry a lot of weight in that system, probably $200 or more alone. everything else is real old, and will net you probably another $150 at best. ($30 cpu, $50 mobo, $40 ram, $30 gpu) So i'll stick with $350

+ 60 case

+ 40 HD/optical

$450

Latest posts