What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

BitFenix Support/Discussion Thread!

Soultribunal

Staff member
Funny, but I am the exact opposite opinion. I rather a mfg spend ALL the resources on the CASE and not include any fans. Just make sure to include LOTS of std mounts for std size fans.

The reason I say that is I have yet to find any OEM fan that was good enough for my systems. I always yank em and throw them away and replace with FDB (or the equivalent) long life, quiet fans. So why spend moeny on eqipment that is just going to be chucked? IMHO better to have a better built case.

Guess its all in how you look at it and your own personal priorities. :)

To this I do agree.

I cannot name a build YET that I have kept the stock fans on. Period.

Every single case I order is ordered with Fan's of my choosing. Not to say the Manu's don't make good fans, its just they don't make fans that do what I want them to do.

So I'm with AkG here. Build me cases with NO fans, and put the $$$ into the design and materials there.
I bet you would be suprised at how many people would go this route.

-ST

xbournex

For those looking for the windowed version of the Shinobi at NCIX, stock will come in some time next week. I know it says out of stock (5-8 weeks) but it's coming from LA warehouse to NCIX. It'll be available very soon, so hold off your orders :)

Also, the fans that come with all BitFenix cases, are FDB's, sickle blades, 43.5CFM @ 1000rpm <20dB. I wouldn't yank them out unless you can find quieter ones than that.

Thanks Soultribunal for the feedback.

Last edited:

Soultribunal

Staff member
For those looking for the windowed version of the Shinobi at NCIX, stock will come in some time next week. I know it says out of stock (5-8 weeks) but it's coming from LA warehouse to NCIX. It'll be available very soon, so hold off your orders :)

Also, the fans that come with all BitFenix cases, are FDB's, sickle blades, 43.5CFM @ 1000rpm <20dB. I wouldn't yank them out unless you can find quieter ones than that.

But who says I Want Quiet? :thumb:

When I was Folding Performance was everything. I would replace my fans with AeroCool Extreme Turbine's, they were rated in the 90's.
Or even the Yate Loon's in the 80 CFM range.

Or for low power heat ultra silent replace them with Gelid Wing's instead.
Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt you guys spend time to make the fans you choose work for your case.
But like I said, there has yet to be a time where I keep the stock fan for anything.

-ST

xbournex

What can I say? Different computers, different purposes, different requirements.

Soultribunal

Staff member
What can I say? Different computers, different purposes, different requirements.

That is exactally the point. Which is why I stated in my original post that I would love for all cases that are considered 'Enthusiast' to come fanless.

Regardless, I absolutely love the look of the Colossus and have every intention to replace one of my many towers with it in the future funds permitting.

ST

AkG

Will the Shinobi "Germany Edition" be sold on this side of the pond? Looks like a VERY stylish case. One I can honestly see using in a build for a customer looking something "different"...but in a GOOD way.

xbournex

Will the Shinobi "Germany Edition" be sold on this side of the pond? Looks like a VERY stylish case. One I can honestly see using in a build for a customer looking something "different"...but in a GOOD way.

Good question. Unfortunately no. The only way to get a "Germany Edition" Shinobi in North America, is to customize it yourself. We're hoping NCIX will bring in the different meshes and logo's. Then again, that's only if there is a demand for the mesh strips and logos here. Send emails to NCIX, Support the mesh and logo's here and NCIX will hopefully bring them in. be sure to indicate which colors of mesh and logo you would like.

Soultribunal

Staff member
On another note, I just noticed that you are bringing your own Fans to the table too.

Everyone here knows I'm a Fan Fanatic. So I'll be sure to buy them as soon as NCIX has them available and then give them a whirl to see how they are. Love the Design. Reminds me of my beloved R4's.

ST

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Being of German ancestry, I REALLY want that Germany Edition.

xbournex

On another note, I just noticed that you are bringing your own Fans to the table too.

Everyone here knows I'm a Fan Fanatic. So I'll be sure to buy them as soon as NCIX has them available and then give them a whirl to see how they are. Love the Design. Reminds me of my beloved R4's.

ST

Early-Mid December is the ETA for everything NCIX has sku'd for BitFenix, including the fans. Only a couple of exceptions, such as the shinobi window black, and a couple of colossus cases, which will be arriving hopefully next week.
German Edition: hope to see your post >Here<