What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

muse108dc

I also want that collectors, the dragon and the book, but I also cant justify that price. The dragon statue actually looks quite nice though. I hate money.

Lamb

Justify the price? Skyrim is the kind of game I could pay more than 200$ and be happy!

more than 300 hours of game, + replay possibilities and mods, there's no such things in this world nowaday, this game will last me over 4-5 years, just like Oblivion did. It pays for itself for keeping me from playing many other crappy titles I maybe would buy.

lightninstrikr

Justify the price? Skyrim is the kind of game I could pay more than 200$ and be happy!

more than 300 hours of game, + replay possibilities and mods, there's no such things in this world nowaday, this game will last me over 4-5 years, just like Oblivion did. It pays for itself for keeping me from playing many other crappy titles I maybe would buy.
I agree completely. Technically I am paying like $1800 for it since it's the main reason I'm building my new computer... :p Also I'm sick of being the guy at the LAN with the worst machine but that's entirely beside the point!

I'm not saying its not worth it, I'm just saying I cant justify it on my student non existent budget.
I also completely agree. Buy the game = definitely, pay 3x the price for a statue and a book = probably not on a students cash (no food means you're dead before you can complete more than 1 playthrough!!). Luckily I have a great job now that likes me working 50+ hours a week so I has good cash flow :D

Lamb

I'm not saying its not worth it, I'm just saying I cant justify it on my student non existent budget.

Completly understands that.

That's why I will limit myself only to uber-big titles such as BF3, Skyrim, Diablo 3 (getting CE too) and SC2; I already have the PC to play these games (taking a year and a half of school has is pros and cons but meh, reorienting that is...)

All other titles I'm looking for will mostly come in form of presents for christmas and my birthday I hope (which isn't far from Xmas) but that'd only be Assassin's Creed serie and Batman Arkham City.

Have to tighten my budget so I have no problem achieving my school plans without too much credit, if any. (I plan on at least a Master's in Computer Science/Mathematics, so I have to watch myself and be careful with my money from now on, college isnt that bad on the budget but still, I have a car to pay right now with my not-that-high/sub-poverty income, at least I will be done with it by the time I get to university; lucky I am to have good parents also! They don't pay anymore for my schoolin' since I wasted my first chance in Industrial Electronics at College, but I have a home with food)

ipaine

You can now preload Skyrim on steam. The only issue is, at least for me, steam is being really slow. So if you could all wait until tomorrow to preload it would be much appreciated. :biggrin:

Oh if it hasn't given you the option yet, just restart steam.

muse108dc

You can now preload Skyrim on steam. The only issue is, at least for me, steam is being really slow. So if you could all wait until tomorrow to preload it would be much appreciated. :biggrin:

Oh if it hasn't given you the option yet, just restart steam.

Steam also looks like its getting it a few hours early. Still though envious I may be, I'll wait for the box and just install it that way. Besides speed is not very important on a preload, you still have 2 days to download it.

ipaine

Steam also looks like its getting it a few hours early. Still though envious I may be, I'll wait for the box and just install it that way. Besides speed is not very important on a preload, you still have 2 days to download it.

Actually I wasn't worried about the speed of the preload, problem was it was affecting the speed of my other download that I did want to play right away. No worries now as it has picked up speed.

Latest posts