What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

'Deux'

MARSTG

for right now it is 2p, but future requirements will probably deem it unfit. But why are you running after bigadv only? Regular SMP doesn't seem appealing? because a 4P folder will probably double in price than a 2P folder. Investment is pretty serious.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Indeed. A 4p rig is serious funds. As far as using a 2p for bigadv, it all depends if they change the deadline for the 6904s. If so, I'll be going with either 6174s, or a single 6272 for shit and giggles.

Folding with a 2p with 6128s will barely make the deadlines, and is not as interesting in regards to ppd/w/$ as it used to be. To be quite honest, I'm not sure what rig is the ppd/w/$ champ now, with this upcoming change...

MARSTG

To be quite honest, I'm not sure what rig is the ppd/w/$ champ now, with this upcoming change...

probably a core i7 2600k under linux, but will be demoted to SMP. As for bigadv, indeed, difficult to say.

Last edited:

Shadowmeph

Hi Charlie I am wondering if you remember but I would really like to know your Bios settings for the Deux I updated the Bios and am not sure what to turn off and or on lol there is a settings asking about cores and the default has it set to None, I am going to wait until I am at the beginning of the next Wu before I pause and take another look at the Bios settings I have right now

3.0charlie

I'll reply back tomorrow with the BIOS settings, since there will be some downtime for Deux tomorrow night.

3.0charlie

As promised, BIOS SSs for CPU and Memory settings. CPU2 is disabled, since I replaced the 6128s... :ph34r:

7034ef3688bb6421.jpg

7034ef3688bb8194.jpg

Shadowmeph

Cool thank you, you replaced the 6128s with 6272 I am going to have to look which those are :)
I always get a little mixed up when reading the stats what is turboFrequency?
ok I rechecked my Bios settings and everything looks the same I just have to be patient with my folding lol

Last edited:

Latest posts