What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Free and Open Source Games

supaflyx3

Crossfire - free online FPS game, pretty fun for a bit
Combat Arms - Basically the same as crossfire, but is a bit more entertaining.

LaughingCrow

Combination of Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 2 coming—for free

EA is doubling down with its free-to-play strategy, this time with a brand-new Battlefield title that will be "a deep PC shooter featuring signature Battlefield vehicular warfare, sandbox gameplay and intense 32-player online battles."
Short article, video and link to the beta tester signup.

I wonder what the catch is? EA is a game publisher. Not having played either, I can't comment.

Combination of Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 2 coming—for free

ykcorey

League of Legends

Unless I'm posting in the wrong thread and this has been said, LoL is AMAZING and I strongly recommend it to anyone and everyone. Its a free, online battle arena and it has absorbed a large amount of my time. It has a learning curve to it, but it is still very enjoyable and very, very free.

martincrow

Need for speed is always ones of my favorites, i will try that League of Legends, sounds interesting, i always have a crush on the arcade games, they are more tough and got quite a good animations most of the times, keep suggesting something more like all this.thanks for all the suggestions.

electronic signature sharepoint

coleo

ive wasted many hours on this.
NAVYFIELD Community Site
ever wanted to play battleship in real time?
start out as a frigate and work your way up to a battleship or aircraft carrier
free to play or pay to play options

On2wheels

Apparently Star Trek Online is going free2play, but Steam has it off their Store right now. I still have it in my account from buying it before. Can anyone confirm it's actually free on Steam right now?

Bond007

Edit: just read that this is an old thread. Glad to see it revived...keep it updated.

Excellent thread. Didn't see this in the list yet (sorry if it is).

Steam Free To Play currently has 17 games for free. The best IMO is Team fortress 2. Enjoy.

Free to Play games on Steam

Last edited:

Jebusman

Apparently Star Trek Online is going free2play, but Steam has it off their Store right now. I still have it in my account from buying it before. Can anyone confirm it's actually free on Steam right now?

It should be back up on the store in a few days, they just had to take the old client down and wait for the F2P client to get approved probably. (Although I don't know why they didn't just go the Champions Online route and push an update for it).

Latest posts