What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Chimp Challenge 2012 rules discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisk

Folding Captain
Hey all;
The captains are discussing the rules for this year's Chimp Challenge. Here is an opportunity to give some input. 3.0 Charlie is acting as a co-captain for this year's CC. LCB001 may chime in here too.

Please note:

1. Anything I mention in here is not official
  2. 3.0Charlie and myself will take suggestions back to the captain's forum
  3. No attacks of other teams

ilya

Similar to last year, but instead of basing points on average PPD we use highest recorded PPD. That way teams REALLY have to push production up at competition time, and when they set astonishing records, it only gets harder for them next year. The only potential abuse I see for this is deliberately lowering PPD for the entire year, but that would be pretty obvious to see. The other negative is the CC gets incredibly hard to win, possibly turning off potential competitors. But since it's even harder to win for 2 consecutive years, it might make the CC more interesting.

MARSTG

what about folding on HPCS. some of the members of our team really "abuse" on that and the program might end soon. how would that impact the situation?

Dr_BenD_over

Fallen Folder
It may be an idea to approach HPCS and ask them nicely not to allow their systems to be used by any teams competing in the CC.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
HPCS ending their testing would impact any and all Teams where folders are using their 'services'. It's a double-edge sword.

I'm concerned about the multiple mentions last year about how the rules where 'made' (read: advantage) to small Teams, which could ramp up production under the same addy, and rapidly at that.
There has to be a way to discern the # of folders per Team - even though the original Challenge was just that: gather as many folders under the same addy to show the strenght in Unity.

chrisk

Folding Captain
what about folding on HPCS. some of the members of our team really "abuse" on that and the program might end soon. how would that impact the situation?

I can bring it up. How much longer will the program run?

Also, is there a way to estimate how much PPD we got from that?

MARSTG

Also, is there a way to estimate how much PPD we got from that?

roughly yes. you look at production before January 20 let's say and you see the spike or look at the history. Me for example my 2P folder does around 12k ppd and the quad core around 6k ppd. everything else is hpcs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts