What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Programs stopped working Problem

Malam

Recently I've been having problems with diferent programs stopped woking. First Ithought this was limited to my browser and changed the browser, but it is happening with other programs. Even sometimes moving files from one drive to the others or trying to save a file will generate "Programs stopped working, windows will close the program". I'm not sure where to start checking ! I am running windows 7 64 bit.
Thanks.

Malam

64 bit OS ? with 32 bit browser

have you applied SP1 yet

Yes, I have applied SP1 and all the updates. My browser is also 64-bit. One suggestion that I got online is to uninstall the Nvidia driver and replace it with one from Microsoft which I did last night. Will see over the next couple of days. Thanks.

moocow

Huh? How the hell would MS video driver work better than Nvidia driver for a Nvidia video card? Sounds like you may have a RAM problem or Windows 7 OS problem. Even Windows 7 auto update should just download the Nvidia driver.

Jared11

In his case, MS GPU drivers can be a good way to play it safe by installing the default drivers most recent to MS. It is always best to try MS drivers first before going the full mile on nvidia. MS is bad for updating the GPU driver versions, but it pays off in the end while troubleshooting these types of errors.
If the MS drivers work for you and with no errors, than try installing the newer drivers from nvidia and see how it performs. If it starts to act up again, than try rolling back to a prior driver version.