What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Mass Effect 3

LaughingCrow

How is Steam any different?
I'm not comparing Origin to Steam--just pointing out that a lot of people who bought ME and ME 2 on Steam, don't like the idea of having to use Origin. And EA won't sell via Steam. Several PC users were annoyed enough to switch over to a platform version to avoid installing Origin and still play the game.

I don't have Steam and don't want it either. I had pre-ordered Deus Ex but didn't know it was a mandatory Steam install. Sent it back.

I don't want Origin either, but I do want to play ME 3, so I'm stuck with it. Just wished it would shut down when I exit the game.

On2wheels

I'm not comparing Origin to Steam--just pointing out that a lot of people who bought ME and ME 2 on Steam, don't like the idea of having to use Origin. And EA won't sell via Steam. Several PC users were annoyed enough to switch over to a platform version to avoid installing Origin and still play the game.

I don't have Steam and don't want it either. I had pre-ordered Deus Ex but didn't know it was a mandatory Steam install. Sent it back.

I don't want Origin either, but I do want to play ME 3, so I'm stuck with it. Just wished it would shut down when I exit the game.
I reinstalled ME2 through Origin, and can run the game without Origin. Maybe ME3 single player will run w/o it.

muse108dc

I reinstalled ME2 through Origin, and can run the game without Origin. Maybe ME3 single player will run w/o it.

Im fairly sure I read somewhere that that wont be possible. Though I also read that unless they go the BF3 route that it should be possible.....

But really if your not uising steam your missing out on a lot of what PC gaming has to offer.

LaughingCrow

Well, someone, presumably Canadian, really, really wants a copy of the Space Edition of Mass Effect - the ones going up in the weather balloons. Apparently each balloon will have 5 copies each of the XBox and PS3 version of Mass Effect, plus some unique collectable.

And someone is willing to pay $1000.00 Canadian for an unopened space edition.

Choose Language | BioWare Social Network

muse108dc

yeah.... thats not me. While its a neat idea, launching games into space, that persons just got too much money.

The game starts off in Vancouver so I'm dissapointed we didnt get one launched here

LaughingCrow

Well considering it was made here we should be getting a launch here.
Agreed. Paris was cancelled due to some technical issue. Possibly the same thing for Canada, couldn't get permission to launch weather balloons-i.e. they have to contact flight control for permission to launch.

Interesting tech on this though. (No wonder it's so easy to track people with GPS devices.) I followed today's NY launch. It was launched from near Allentown, PA and you could track it from just after launch (when they turned on the GPS transmitter) to when it landed. All this on Google maps. Plus it gave altitude, latitude & longitude, speed. At the end I switched from Google map view to satellite view to be able to see that it landed in trees in someone's backyard. Top speed that I noticed was 156 kph and maybe a high altitude around of 23,000 meters (77000 feet). Once it hits a certain altitude up to 80,000 feet the balloon bursts and a parachute opens.

The San Francisco launch had 2 balloons, each with 10 copies (5 PS3 & 5 XBox). One was on a cliff and another way up in a tree. To go chasing these, you had to sign a waiver. I don't think either was recovered (last I heard).

The Los Vegas launch was late and they put 20 copies in it. Last I heard from some of the comments, it appears someone got to the package and took out 12 copies, didn't wait for BioWare's ground team, so only 8 copies were available for the 40 or so people who did show up.

The NY one only had 1 balloon launch with 2 copies in it. The team that got it, just followed the BioWare tracking team.

Someone on the forum suggested a better idea. That they should have hidden copies in the cities or towns and did a GeoCache hunt for them. Which sounds like it would have been fairer and more likely to succeed with less problems.

Google map view.

krogan.JPG

Switched to satellite view for the landing - rich neighborhood, looks like almost everyone has an inground pool. It landed in New Jersey, just west of the Hudson River, the New Jersey/New York State line.

krogan2.JPG

muse108dc

Within a week now of this being launched. The game that is. Not into space that is but on your gaming machine of choice.

Latest posts