What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

i7 2700k

trayton

I tried to read past threads but couldn't find any...

Curious I have opportunity to get an i7 2700k for $300 (unopened) thats a good deal not worth passing up is it?

I know its almost $400 with taxes and what not!

Thanks for any input!

zsamz_

if its retail egde cpu you better off with a 2600k
retail edge= no warranty:whistle:
i wouldn't pay 300 for a 2700k;) even if it had warranty unless it was a good clocker

Piderman

There is one on Kijiji in Edmonton right now asking 300 and I know the guy got it from Intel's store He works
at best-buy not the greatest guy I know.

The board and proc went for 290 n some on Intel Retailedge. The point is the price he is asking for a new sealed box like that you know hes trying to make money for a already over priced chip. Plus zsamz_ has a
point no warranty.

OmegaRED

Warranty on a cpu seems like a non issue to me, how often to people get dead chips? I never read about it. Most people would upgrade before it could even come close to dying from overclocking and when chips die they usually aren't covered by warranty cause it's likely the owner damaged it accidentally.

odis172

Ya valid point, warranty is a non issue. I've seen two dead intel cpus in my life (barring oc'ing).

zsamz_

Ya valid point, warranty is a non issue. I've seen two dead intel cpus in my life (barring oc'ing).

n i seen some freinds get DOA 2600ks:whistle:
or die in a few days
some degrade from overclocking
and the good ones are rock solid
flip a coin lol