What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

so im gonna have a little angry post here but i hate canda post

severity

So I shipped a 570GTX to someone in Mississauga, They attempted to deliver but it just said "failed" so They sent it back to me the very next day, None the less they charged me for the shipping back to me so i had to pay for shipping three times to send this guy his video card :angry2:

Silent_Avenger

Umm doesn't Canada Post have a safe drop delivery service? Like they drop off a card at the person's address telling them where to pick up their package(usually at the post office).

Bungwirez

Umm doesn't Canada Post have a safe drop delivery service? Like they drop off a card at the person's address telling them where to pick up their package(usually at the post office).

I get this all the time since the Mrs refuses to answer the door.
So I get a notice, drive two blocks to the Shoppers and get to stop at Quizno's as a bonus.

severity

apparently they didn't do it for this guy :| just instantly shipped it back to me the next day

sswilson

Staff member
Failed sounds like it had a non-existant mailing address on it or the buyer specifically refused delivery. I'd be looking for something(one) other than CP to be placing the blame on this time around (not that they don't occasionally deserve some blame... :) ).

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Failed sounds like it had a non-existant mailing address on it or the buyer specifically refused delivery. I'd be looking for something(one) other than CP to be placing the blame on this time around (not that they don't occasionally deserve some blame... :) ).
This. CP either: a) leaves the package at the door step if no signature required, or b) leaves it at the closest Post Office if no one is Home to sign the release.

Ways to have 'failed': a) refusing the package delivery, and b) non-existant address.

Addictedtokaos

Ive never had any issues sending or receiving with Can Post. They have been really good in my experiences. Purolator, on the other hand....

enaberif

This. CP either: a) leaves the package at the door step if no signature required, or b) leaves it at the closest Post Office if no one is Home to sign the release.

Ways to have 'failed': a) refusing the package delivery, and b) non-existant address.

Exactly. CP is very good when it comes to packages. Now sending a envelope is a entirely different matter.

Arinoth

Staff member
Exactly. CP is very good when it comes to packages. Now sending a envelope is a entirely different matter.

Yep, that's one thing I do like about them seeing as most Shoppers Drug Marts have a post office in them these days and seem to be damn near everywhere.

I agree with you on letter mail, my mother is still waiting for the birthday card I sent her in the beginning of Jan...

DarkMasterMX

Canada Post and USPS In general seem to be very inconsistent. Outside of people sending things by ground for UPS/FedEx across boarders (that's what causes brokerage fees) I much prefer the two services since they want to solve issues quickly and are responsive.

I've had several recent issues with CP where they said they hold a package for 15 days then send it back to the sender. I call 1-2 days later to resolve a customs charge and they tell me they can't do anything anymore because it's already on its way back to the sender. Or checking the Appeal section of the form for customs issues and they tell me its being sent back when it was actually being appealed but it took them almost 3 weeks to get the appeal dealt with and return the package to me.