What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

ASUS REX Dead?

Slaughter

Hey!

I picked up a REX and upon powering it up, the ROG emblem and START buttons pulsate and with the first push of the start button, I'll see a glimpse of life, but nothing else. The lights continue to pulsate as long as there is power to the motherboard.

I have tried clearing the CMOS both using the button and removing the battery and draining it. I have also switched the BIOS pins but no such luck.

I just thought I would come here and see if anyone has any ideas or suggestions?

Cheers!

Slaughter

Slaughter

Tried a couple PSU's.

It was pulled from a supposedly working system, sold to an individual who said it was DOA and then I picked it up.

I don't see any obvious signs such as bloated caps, etc.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
What CPU? It may need a bios flash if you're trying to run a 3820. Original release BIOS didn't support those, they weren't released yet.

Any codes coming up on the LED display?

And you may find some more help here: Rampage Series Motherboards . I try not to point people elsewhere, but let's try and get your problem sorted out soonest.

Slaughter

I have an E6600 in it right now and plan on trying some other CPU's later tonight.

Nothing comes up on the LED display. I'll try posting on the ROG boards as well. Thanks SugarJ. :)

zsamz_

try booting from second bios chip

use toggle switch or jumper

Last edited:

Slaughter

I did give that a try. The jumper goes from Bios Selector -> Bios 1 -> Bios 2 and I tried all three settings without any success.

zsamz_

I did give that a try. The jumper goes from Bios Selector -> Bios 1 -> Bios 2 and I tried all three settings without any success.

your only hope is freezer or oven now
freezer for a few hours
oven 420f for 7-8min
odds are nb overheated n board died
my rex never went over 40c on load :whistle: i seen some go over 60c on idle

Kavrocks

try booting from second bios chip
hjk

Latest posts