What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

the broken catalyst package?

CTA

for two days, i am really speechless that i cant install it smoothly...

i am trying to do clean install... catalyst installer wont let me to install ccc manager... always tell me failed installation..

i tried to clean in registry manually, uninstall C++ package, and delete folder in my system manually after uninstall catalyst package... then did driver sweeper in safe mode for double check.. then used ccleaner to clean registry... tried to install catalyst in normal mode... still failed...

i did search for the solution... it didnt help to solve my problem... so what is the problem is that?

i never experience it since i already download a few catalyst packages in the past...

Shadowmeph

have you tried to install it with admin rights using right click? or going into device manager and deleteing the vid card reboot and try to install the driver then

CTA

yes i did...

today, i tried to force the computer to use 4.0 net... it seems not working...

i just gave up with 12.4.... i just use 12.4 driver and 12.2 ccc... i need ccc to enable cfx >_>

roach9

AMD drivers are an absolute MESS right now.

My crossfire doesn't even work at this point. I'm going to reformat once I get a new hard drive. Wish AMD would get their **** straightened out.

WhippWhapp

My first and last AMD product was a 3870 first week it was released- never again!

CTA

hahaa.. well its not bad until now.... right now i am not sure why it didnt... maybe because my winodws 7 is 2 years old so it needs reformat/reinstall?

but next time, i would like to buy reasonable price high performance single gpu... no more cfx/sli or cheap not-the-best gpu...

Kattivo

I just installed the complete 12.4 package without any issues on Windows 7 x64. Can you tell us the exact error or perhaps take a screenshot of it?

CTA

dont make me to re-do and screenshot it... ;[

the problem is "Application Install: Install Package failure" and the error message will show at bottom of the report log... very unclear error message...

so is your computer that old? or reformat windows 7 recently?

Kattivo

dont make me to re-do and screenshot it... ;[

the problem is "Application Install: Install Package failure" and the error message will show at bottom of the report log... very unclear error message...

so is your computer that old? or reformat windows 7 recently?

I reformatted about 2 months ago. I'm running an MSI 6950 Twin Frozr II with unlocked shaders...the rest of my system is listed under system specs. I don't think my computer is THAT old, maybe to some it is.

I also don't think the catalyst package is "broken" as a few of my friends have installed 12.4 with no problems whatsoever.