What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Diablo 3

sswilson

Staff member
My barb hit lvl 60 late part of actII hell. Nephlam (sp?) boost kicked in during the dungeon crawl(s) to get the body parts/blood... tons of elites to keep it going, but I couldn't change my runes until after I was done or I'd lose the boost.... :)

That weapon made all the difference in the world as to my survivability... dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing.... on one side, I'm able to play hell without dying every time I run into an elite, OTOH, it's gonna be an awfully long time before I find a weapon that even comes close......

Inik

Folding Team
Nice! I'll play more this week end. I want to reach lvl 60 before spending money on a weapon hehe. I need to stack some gold, only have like 150K right now

Soultribunal

Staff member
Hell is a bit better now that I got some better gear for my WD. It is very equipment dependant still for me...but I'm having fun.

-ST

muse108dc

Only gotten my main wizard to lvl 58 so far but I have to say the auction house has ruined this game to a large degree. I have yet to actually receive any drops across my 4 characters that are any real use to any of them, especially when compared to the stuff you can get off the auction house. I've played in groups, I've played solo and I've still gotten no drops, I'm lucky if their anywhere near my current level. I'm hoping the crafting fixes this a little, been stockpiling gems so when the time comes I can make some radiant stars.

I've been soloing my wizard through hell a little recently and I have to say that I am running away a lot now, little things still 1 or 2 hits but the big ones just dont die, I really hate mortars especially, frozen I can avoid, my helmet has decent anti crowd control but mortars just mean that I cant get far enough away.

The game is too short for the kind of farming it really requires and the sad thing is that I farm a lot more for money than I do for rares/legendaries. Prices really shoot up at level 60

Xeven

Have my barb at lvl 60 but still at Hell IV and my gears seem outclassed. Haven't really gotten any decent drops lately, even with NV. Hopefully I'll be able to finish hell soon so I can farm better gear in Inferno I... that or get instant killed by elites.

sswilson

Staff member
Mortars are specifically targetted towards non-melee characters so seem to be working as advertised..... :)

As a single player / non-AH player all I can say is that it does appear to get a lot better once you hit level 60. IMO, the Neph boost to magic & gold find makes non-boss farming a viable possibility in hell especially when combined with strategic crafting, although you are limited pre-inferno because of the lack of "secret tomes" to level up your BS.

Arinoth

Staff member
Mortars are specifically targetted towards non-melee characters so seem to be working as advertised..... :)

As a single player / non-AH player all I can say is that it does appear to get a lot better once you hit level 60. IMO, the Neph boost to magic & gold find makes non-boss farming a viable possibility in hell especially when combined with strategic crafting, although you are limited pre-inferno because of the lack of "secret tomes" to level up your BS.

Loot drop is being altered slightly in 1.03 if you saw my thread. It'll make it possible to farm Hell Act 4 and get some gear, but the drop rate will be a lot lower then Inferno

Xeven

Loot drop is being altered slightly in 1.03 if you saw my thread. It'll make it possible to farm Hell Act 4 and get some gear, but the drop rate will be a lot lower then Inferno

Well it's probably going to be better than my 350 DPS axe... :haha:

sswilson

Staff member
Invun/plagued/molten minion....... fallen not a hope in hell. (literally.... ;) ).

edit:

BTW... this was my "father's day" present from my young lad....

sswilson-albums-diii-image-picture807-650-dps-axe.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts