What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Mac Monday Stay Tuned

Soullessone21

Apple has set all our logins to an event on Monday as well as all systems are no longer available to back order... what oh what crap will we sell as gold for the next 6 months :p

AkG

My guess...it will be the "revolutionary", "ground breaking", all new "iSue" with 100% litigation built right in....with a catchy new tune to help sell it to the sheeple and a slogan of "All you base belongs to us" :p

After all what has Apple done since SJs death besides sue everyone. :ph34r:

Soullessone21

My guess...it will be the "revolutionary", "ground breaking", all new "iSue" with 100% litigation built right in....with a catchy new tune to help sell it to the sheeple and a slogan of "All you base belongs to us" :p

After all what has Apple done since SJs death besides sue everyone. :ph34r:

Damn right skippy, we cant wait.. every time apple comes out with the next POS we get a influx of used macs, we make more on one used mac then 10 new ones. plus Apple will make us do exams and they are a great waste of a week. The questions go like this

"A customer asks you why do I need a new Mac"
A:Because your old one is a week old and cant run the new OS.
B:Because You cant think for yourself and want to be part of the unwashed masses.
C:Because Apple User's like yourself love to waste money on things they dont need.
D:All of the above

Its pretty much always all of the above.

My Favorite part of training is the part where you have to talk about your life experiences with mac and why you enjoy your mac more then a PC.. My Short answer from 3 months ago

"Tell us in a few words why your enjoy your mac over any PC experience you have had"

I enjoy the fact the 13" Macbook pro you gave me for completing my apple training, went for 1k and fast on CL the day after you gave it to me, I also enjoy how Lion fried the Logic board on my wife's Macbook 2010 so my wife stole my gaming PC and I had to buy a new one and now we only have PC's in our house and everything works the way it should.

Mark at Apples Reply.

"John that is not the correct answer, We have decided to minus five points off your sales training, Please treat your sales training more serious in the future"

Oh Apple your a sad company haha

AkG

Ouch. Brainwashing FTL. I feel your pain. At HP we did similar crap and no one...absolutely NO ONE took it seriously....even the trainers. I guess HP has (had) more a sense of humor than Apple (and boy is THAT saying something). :(

...though next time...talk about hackintosh and how its the best of both worlds....and soooooo easy to do that even a trained monkey could do it....maybe even include a bit.ly link for them to "discover". :p

Soullessone21

Ouch. Brainwashing FTL. I feel your pain. At HP we did similar crap and no one...absolutely NO ONE took it seriously....even the trainers. I guess HP has (had) more a sense of humor than Apple (and boy is THAT saying something). :(

...though next time...talk about hackintosh and how its the best of both worlds....and soooooo easy to do that even a trained monkey could do it....maybe even include a bit.ly link for them to "discover". :p

That does sound like fun haha, my Favorite was when they came in and inspected my work space and yelled at me for not using 2 Cinema Displays. I looked at my Rep and told him "Really I need to spend ******* 2k on display's to document repairs and order on MSN? Are you going to reimburse me??? NO? ok I will stick with my 2 refurbished 27" displays from Asus they gave me for free" ******* apple haha

But their new sales reps are fun to bug. They just hired a new Sales Manager for North America.. She has only been using macs for 11 months, never been in the IT world before and tries to tell us in a city of 30k that we should sell minimum 1k macs more a month. At that moment I told her, "How might I achieve this?" she had the Go Nads to tell me "Oh you work at a Apple Store Macs Sell themselves" I then got up from the table and asked her to find me a new rep.

lowfat

Staff member
We should see IB based iMacs & Macbooks as well as SB-E Mac Pros being released at this years WWDC. Really would be nice to see the 2560x1440 15.4" Macbooks like all the rumours are pointing too.

lowfat

Staff member
2880x1800 on a 15.4" screen.
2.7GHz quad IB
8GB DDR3
256GB SSD
Nvidia GT650M
Thunderbolt
USB3.0
0.71" thick 4.46LBS
$2199

One hell of an impressive machine.

Soullessone21

plz dont call it SSD, at apple thats a $.50 an hour pay deduction for saying that, its Msata Flash cell, they explain it as the savior of the word, in a repair depot we see them go corrupt at least once within the first 6 months of ownership.

Just like if you call the ipad the "ipad 3" right away head office will correct you to "the New iPad"

Mars

I wonder why they went with 2880x1800 over the more widespread 2560x1600?

FWIW, this means that for GPU intensive stuff (ie. gaming) you can play with a native res of 1440x900 without any LCD scaling. (2560x1600 plays native at 1280x800)

Latest posts