What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

No POST Beep...?

The Quicken

Friend bought an Gaming pc off the net (new build) and had multiple BSOD's in the few weeks He's had it. A fan wasn't working either (was not plugged in).

So He brings it by, I check the wired connections, re-seat the GPU, RAM, and HDD. Do a fresh install of OS and all other programs/drivers. Everything works great...except no POST Beep. (was never a beep/beeps b4 according to my friend.)

I do get a POST Screen (??) and in the BIOS I did not see any options to turn beeps on/off. Anyone have some insight on this?

Case= form factor ATX NZXT SWITCH 810
MOBO= GIGABYTE X79-UD3

No speaker connectors (circled red)
Audio is connected (circled blue)
Linky to PDF manual DL GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 2011 - GA-X79-UD3 (rev. 1.0)

Attachments

• x79-ud3.jpg
    x79-ud3.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,591
Last edited:

great_big_abyss

You need to install a motherboard speaker on the speaker header you circled in RED. The polarity doesn't matter.

ba4225be_speaker.jpeg

sswilson

Staff member
Yeah, there was a period of time when all motherboard manufacturers were putting those little piezo speakers on the mobo, during which time the case manufacturers decided to save $.50 / unit by not including a case speaker.... fast forward to today when motherboard manufacturers decided to save the $.20 / unit that a piezo speaker costs (plus whatever miniscule amount it costs to solder an individual part onto the board) and now cases don't have them......

Both ASUS (motherboard) and Thermaltake (case) have gotten kudos from me lately for including one. :)

The Quicken

Yeah, there was a period of time when all motherboard manufacturers were putting those little piezo speakers on the mobo, during which time the case manufacturers decided to save $.50 / unit by not including a case speaker.... fast forward to today when motherboard manufacturers decided to save the $.20 / unit that a piezo speaker costs (plus whatever miniscule amount it costs to solder an individual part onto the board) and now cases don't have them......

Both ASUS (motherboard) and Thermaltake (case) have gotten kudos from me lately for including one. :)

Glad my new MOBO is an ASUS then lol.:haha:

Latest posts