What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Yikes problems with my first NEW BUILD =(

TimidTeddy

I just built my pc yesterday. The specs are: i5 3570k, Gigabyte z77x-ud3h, corsair vx550watts, corsair 550d case(with 3 stock case fans), noctua nh-c14 heatsink, 8gb kingston hyperx [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]KHX1600C9D3K2 (ddr3), and the crucial m4 128gb. The problem I'm having is that my computer would boot up fine and go to desktop no problem.... BUT THEN in a few minutes it shuts down and reboots itself RANDOMLY....reboot reboot reboot, the same thing happened over 20 times already literally....(was just making sure the first few reboots wasn't updates or anything)

NOTES*
1. I place the 2 ram sticks in the slots are the recommended for dual channel config (from manual)
2. I updated the bios from F7 to F11(latest)
3. The system doesn't have the reboot problem mention above when in safe mode
4. I didn't mess around in bio, other than changing the boot order to install windows 7 ultimate on dvd
5. The system ran fine during the ~20 mins of windows 7 installation
6. I booted into safe mode to look at the event logs and the problem seems to be "kernel power
event 41" listed as "critical"

I'm realllllly stumped! =( Can anyone help me, PLEASE??
[/FONT]

Krisso

I'd suggest doing a quick memtest. I'm guessing that the Win 7 install didn't use much of your ram. Once in Windows, it's funny using enough of the memory where it hits the fault/error spot. Hence the bsod.

If you left it idle in the bios does it stay working fine (eg. say an hour)? Also, what is the CPU temp out of curiosity?

bigFOIG

What's your video card? When I got my GTX 670, my system would always crash and I get that same error. Turns out my 650w PSU wasn't enough for a GTX 670 with 3 monitors.

TimidTeddy

I'd suggest doing a quick memtest. I'm guessing that the Win 7 install didn't use much of your ram. Once in Windows, it's funny using enough of the memory where it hits the fault/error spot. Hence the bsod.

If you left it idle in the bios does it stay working fine (eg. say an hour)? Also, what is the CPU temp out of curiosity?

Alright i did a memtest using memtest86 and my memory turns out to be error-free. I just took my computer out to my local shop and they told me that it was my motherboard that was causing the reboots. But thanks for the idea of a memtest!

OH uh what's my cpu temp? Well, in bios it says 37-40 idle? i re-seated my heatsink once already (because i thought my cpu was overheating before when it was like 40-45 degrees in bios) The temps are a BIT HIGH lol i think it's my case that's causing the high temp... 550D by corsair isn't really meant for air-flow right? =D

TimidTeddy

What's your video card? When I got my GTX 670, my system would always crash and I get that same error. Turns out my 650w PSU wasn't enough for a GTX 670 with 3 monitors.

Uh hehe I don't have a graphics card installed YET. I kinda need money from my next paycheck to buy a gpu =(

Latest posts