What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

GTX 660 Ti Roundup (ASUS, EVGA, Gigabyte, Galaxy, MSI) Comment Thread

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
With the newly-released GTX 660 Ti making inroads within the GPU market, we have decided to look at five competing cards from NVIDIA's top board partners. ASUS, MSI, Galaxy, Gigabyte and MSI have all sent cards but once the dust settles, only one can come out on top.

Read more here: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...ti-roundup-asus-evga-gigabyte-galaxy-msi.html

I suggest everyone takes a look at page 21. :thumb:

Dzzope

out of how many.. lol.. in depth as always.. been looking forward to this (would love a zotac card in there some-time.. just to see what they can do)

It appears the galaxy provides extremely stable clock frequencies.. It's practically a straight line in the graphs.. That might be an interesting thing to point out?
On second look so are the gigabyte and MSI.. What gives vs the Asus, stock and EVGA that these are doing differently?

Next up a dual gpu / Sli / X-fire comparison from 660 / 7870 up (top 3 from each camp).. plz plz plz..

Last edited:

EmptyMellon

Acoustical Testing FTW

One thing I have to say that I greatly appreciate the Acoustical testing results, done by SKYMTL/HWC.:thumb: I think a lot of sites just hammer out benchmarks, but when you are stuck with a vacuum cleaner ("Dust Buster") because decisions were made purely on FPS numbers, then it is no fun. So, as of late, ASUS' designs have been of greate interest.

SKYMTL

Staff member
Error on the front page, I don't think the MSRP of he 660 Ti is $499. Read it and love the review as usual man.

I'm on the road right now but when I get in front of a computer, that WILL be fixed. :doh:

As for Galaxy, sometimes a straight line isn't optimal since it shows the card doesn't take full advantage of NVIDIA's Boost feature.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Thank you for the roundup SKY,

Very interesting numbers out there right now. I am happy because at the end of the day this battle of the midrange is going to drive prices down and the consumer will end up winning.

Though, do you think there are any Non-TI 660's in the works like the last generation?

-ST

SKYMTL

Staff member
Though, do you think there are any Non-TI 660's in the works like the last generation?

-ST

That's a possibility. If so, let's hope they stay at a reasonable price since AMD is pretty much killing NVIDIA in the pricing game right now...

Entilza

I'm considering the Galaxy card myself now, seems like they did a good job on this one...

Adzsask

I'm considering the Galaxy card myself now, seems like they did a good job on this one...

Just installed my first galaxy products into a friends PC yesterday... pair of 670's with twin fans, 60C auto fan speed @1255 turbo boost, during furmark testing. I also loved the build quality and looks of the card.

Soultribunal

Staff member
That's a possibility. If so, let's hope they stay at a reasonable price since AMD is pretty much killing NVIDIA in the pricing game right now...

Yeah thats what I am thinking. I was hoping for something like the 460's of old that were 230ish or so new and were good Price/Perforance monsters.

Thanks Sky,

-ST