What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Diablo 3

phoenixrage

last night I found an IK helm last night that rolled max str (200) & 73 all resist.. lowest priced one on the AH w/ 190 str is listed at just under 500mil.. woot. Found it in A3 MP0. Been trying to make a push to plvl 70 before COD comes out.. and I am actually ahead of schedule.

as for fighting high MP level ubers, you really need a good CM wizard to lock things down, or else you'll need everyone really well geared and co-ordinated as a group to counter all the things that the ubers throw at you.

You have to deal with magda's bugs and shields, while SK teleports and has some attack animations that look like he's just moving forward. Or with ZK, you'll need to work around all his bubbles and nadoes, while keeping seigebreaker occupied, and try to beat them before they hard enrage, where ZK will start telo-one-shotting everyone and seigebreaker will start leaching life.

Last edited:

trayton

Did 3 ubers last night got 2 drops outta it I do believe. did it on MP7 with some help (thankfully) and it also leveled me up pretty quick. Cost a fortune in repairs though.

I've made 3 hell rings so far and all of them kinda suck (always do Dexterity but perhaps should try something else).

If I could get more of the Eye's I think I could make another 4 HellRings!

Inik

Folding Team
I have the worst luck! 3 ubers yesterday with Gregh..no pieces!!! not even a key when we did the warden after.

muse108dc

yeah I've been having a sting of bad luck in regards to keys myself, 7 wardens at the most recent count no key. All a3 and if I had been farming keys and not just farming I would have been really upset

I might try some mp1 farming today to see how that works in regard to paragon proving. It'd not that I'm leveling slowly at mp5 its been fairly steady but if it could be faster....

GregH

Spent about 10m on some gear upgrades that kept my DPS about the same (95k unbuffed, 160k buffed) but gave another 100k EHP and things are going much smoother now :)
Focusing on one resist for OWE, although cheezy, made a big difference too as I'm now at 600 AR vs 400-500 previously, and that will go up another hundred or more once I grab Nat's boots.

Also, just grabbed a Nat's ring for 18m b/o but haven't equipped it yet as it's a DPS decrease for me, at least until I can get the boots as well for the 7% crit bonus.

Updated profile: Shyla | Monk | Diablo 3 DPS & EHP Calculator

Still looking for a life steal Skorn and some better gloves/belt/amulet with more DPS/EHP, but those can wait until after I get Nat's boots.
I do have ~20m worth of gear listed on the AH right now, so hopefully that will sell and I'll be close to affording the boots tonight.

Oh yeah, Alkaizer runs at MP0 with buffed sweeping wind & tempest rush is hilariously awesome. 1/4 of a Paragon level each run, and each run takes maybe 10 mins tops, plus gives two full inventories worth of rares.

phoenixrage

Spent about 10m on some gear upgrades that kept my DPS about the same (95k unbuffed, 160k buffed) but gave another 100k EHP and things are going much smoother now :)
Focusing on one resist for OWE, although cheezy, made a big difference too as I'm now at 600 AR vs 400-500 previously, and that will go up another hundred or more once I grab Nat's boots.

Also, just grabbed a Nat's ring for 18m b/o but haven't equipped it yet as it's a DPS decrease for me, at least until I can get the boots as well for the 7% crit bonus.

Updated profile: Shyla | Monk | Diablo 3 DPS & EHP Calculator

Still looking for a life steal Skorn and some better gloves/belt/amulet with more DPS/EHP, but those can wait until after I get Nat's boots.
I do have ~20m worth of gear listed on the AH right now, so hopefully that will sell and I'll be close to affording the boots tonight.

Oh yeah, Alkaizer runs at MP0 with buffed sweeping wind & tempest rush is hilariously awesome. 1/4 of a Paragon level each run, and each run takes maybe 10 mins tops, plus gives two full inventories worth of rares.

have you tried activating sweeping wind w/ the skorn, then swap to two one-handers and keep sweeping wind up so it doesn't de-activate? Sweeping wind cyclones damage is based on your character DPS at the time you first activate it, and carries through till it drops (which is why Inna's set can be so powerful).

There's a video up of a monk beating the crap out of MP10 azmodan using this method.

GregH

have you tried activating sweeping wind w/ the skorn, then swap to two one-handers and keep sweeping wind up so it doesn't de-activate? Sweeping wind cyclones damage is based on your character DPS at the time you first activate it, and carries through till it drops (which is why Inna's set can be so powerful).

There's a video up of a monk beating the crap out of MP10 azmodan using this method.

That's what I do, except my skorn is better than my two one-handers, plus it doesn't drain spirit as fast when tempest rushing (very important)
I think my sheet dps is something like 250k dps when I trigger my SW.

muse108dc

I found a nice witching hour last night that gave me +8k damage but took away too much resist/health to actually use at the moment. hopefully it will sell on the AH and I may get an upgrade or 2 out of it

also managed to get a very nice Hellfire which gave me a nice boost

sswilson

Staff member
Picked up a decent dps sever this morning. Now I need to find some damage convert to life to take advantage of the killing blow damage (typically 700K+ with a base DPS of around 32K and I've seen it as high as 1.5M damage).

Still slowly slogging along in single player mode picking up bits and pieces as I go but just about every "upgrade" is a trade-off. The lacuni bracers are pretty sweet for movement and IAS, but I had to sacrifice AR (Still not using AH for purchasing gear).

Fangriot - Community - Diablo III

Latest posts