What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Onboard Sound better than Sound Card!?

Evil Genius Jr.

First let me just say that I understand sound is subjective so maybe it's just me but I just took out my Asus DX PCI-E sound card due to a wiring problem (I was going to put it back in). I enabled the onboard realtek audio on my Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 and installed the drivers. To my surprised I liked the sound much more. It seemed deeper and clearer than the DX. Is the On-board of the Extreme 4 just really good or is my DX messed up?
I haven't really played with software on either of them.
Thanks!

bliz

It's an extreme motherboard! maybe the sound is better but i doubt that,your sound card is around 70$,should be much better than any mobo,strange,do you like it because there is more bass?Because the sound should be more clear with the asus.

do that first ASUS - - ASUS Xonar DX

Evil Genius Jr.

It could be the bass. The only other thing I could think of is the DX drivers are still in beta for windows 8. I didn't use this mobo with 7. I'll give it a go when the drivers come out of beta. Would that help?

Shadowmeph

my self I own a Asus ZOnar DX sound card and I actually don't use it anymore it isn't because my Sound card is bad it is becasue the on board sound is actually good enough for me becasue I just game and watch videos all through either my head phones or my 2.1 speaker system.

bliz

Yeah ok im 99% sure that its simply the drivers, your sound card is beast,mobo CANT be better,wait for the drivers,i think you are running it without drivers,and then the sound must suck! WIth drivers it will be awesome.

Evil Genius Jr.

Yeah ok im 99% sure that its simply the drivers, your sound card is beast,mobo CANT be better,wait for the drivers,i think you are running it without drivers,and then the sound must suck!

Ok thanks! I was using the BETA drivers of of asus website.
I'll wait for the release ones!

Latest posts