What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Punctured Rad

ZZLEE

Car/Truck rad emergency repair

Black Pepper ground, pour in Rad cap plugs up leaks, np , fills holes, swells, turns hard,

Never heard of anyone using it on a computer it would likely get coucht in the cooling plate. :whistle:

Trocko

bahahha, could you imagine? Pepper floating through your loop until one day the block has caught it all xD

I hope its a cheap fix lol. but as long as its cheaper than 67$ its better than a new rad

sswilson

Staff member
UPDATE:

Took it to a car rad shop, as Shadow suggested, and they told me they would have it fixed tmmrw morning.... Heres hoping!

Awesome!!!!

Did they look at you funny when you brought it in and told them what it was used for? ;)

AmuseMe

I use to make and repairs rads - did so for 18months. They will simply strip the paint off (if your lucky, they will do the entire thing, which in turn, may clean out the inside too!) simply tin it, and apply solder.

Trocko

The guy was like, "WTF is THIS from?" A computer... " HEY JERRY!! Gues what this is from?" "A computer" "HOW THE **** DID YOU KNOW!???" "It says XSPC on the side, so i assumed" lmao.

I do hope they clean it all out, but if not ive got 8 litres of distilled water lol

Trocko

Got it fixed.... 40$ total. I guess therewas a lot of work to be done to fix it. Still cheaper than buying a new rad.
Ill post some pics later

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
LOL, guy went home and told his wife he worked on a computer that day, got some!

Trocko

3e46Uq4.jpg
psrnKzx.jpg

So basically, they heated the corner, bent the metal back, soldered the hole shut, bent the metal back, and soldered it back... then spray painted that area... I dunno...

The rad does not leak anymore, but for 40$ i dunno haha, hopefully it was dont right and i wont have anymore trouble... Lesson learned, dont use 2" 6/32 bolts :doh::whistle: Off to home hardware for proper botls :p And a tap, because the hole is ******

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
3e46Uq4.jpg
psrnKzx.jpg

So basically, they heated the corner, bent the metal back, soldered the hole shut, bent the metal back, and soldered it back... then spray painted that area... I dunno...

Decent deal. Most mechanical/machine shops have an $80-120 and hour rate. You got charged a half hour or there about. A lot of them have a minimum 1 hour charge.

Latest posts