What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

best full modular psu?

Soultribunal

Staff member
Good to know. Can't justify going gold at the mo (with the prices here / in the UK) so the Silver is right up my street. ($150 vs $235)

I do find it odd though that the Bronze ones are very common and silver aren't. Surely there is a market for something in the middle?

The mitigation to new platforms (CWT's newest one for the GS and HX is a mix) has created the void it seems. I know prices for you are out of whack so yeah if you can find even a last gen XFX Silver unit you are good. They are excellent Seasonic platforms.
Even a Strider Plus Silver was an amazing Enhance based unit.

Seeing as how you are in Europe. Do you have access to BeQuiet! ? They make good stuff as well.

-ST

Soultribunal

Staff member
Components » Power Supplies » 651w to 850w - Overclockers UK
770 - 950 Rozetka.ua.

Yea but again they are priced about the same as the Corsair / Seasonic stuff.
The XFX is about the best value we can get here it seems.

Want to go 850 as I'm thinking about SLI for my 670's on a i7 950(@4Ghz) and want it to stay reasonably quiet under load.

God you guys get hosed for pricing (no offence). Okay yeah at that point go XFX. At least you know you are getting a solid (though sometimes older) seasonic platform.

-ST

xmanrigger

Banned
I used the Corsair AX850 for two different GTX580 Dual SLI water cooled rigs. Lots of power and no issues. One using the X79 Rampage IV Extreme MB and the other using an X58 Sabertooth MB.

Seasonic is great choice also. Rock solid PSUs. They have fully modular. No issues using their stuff.

I would shy away from OCZ. They make great ram and have great customer service, but I had two of their PSUs that shit the bed. One taking out a MB. Their RMA service was painless, but I was still left with a dead mobo.

EDIT: Sorry, I used an AX1200 in the Rampage. The second AX850 was used in my son's PC.

Last edited:

Soultribunal

Staff member
I used the Corsair AX850 for two different GTX580 Dual SLI water cooled rigs. Lots of power and no issues. One using the X79 Rampage IV Extreme MB and the other using an X58 Sabertooth MB.

Seasonic is great choice also. Rock solid PSUs. They have fully modular. No issues using their stuff.

I would shy away from OCZ. They make great ram and have great customer service, but I had two of their PSUs that shit the bed. One taking out a MB. Their RMA service was painless, but I was still left with a dead mobo.

OCZ actually left the DRAM Market almost 2 years ago:

OCZ Leaves RAM Market | bit-tech.net

Never had success with it either way, but I agree there PSU's leave a lot to be desired.
That being said the SIlencers (sold under PCP but owned by OCZ) are actually good now (MarkIII's). FWIW they might be worth trying again, but after my GameXtreme and SteathXtreme issues I won't give them a penny.

-ST

xmanrigger

Banned
OCZ actually left the DRAM Market almost 2 years ago:

OCZ Leaves RAM Market | bit-tech.net

Never had success with it either way, but I agree there PSU's leave a lot to be desired.
That being said the SIlencers (sold under PCP but owned by OCZ) are actually good now (MarkIII's). FWIW they might be worth trying again, but after my GameXtreme and SteathXtreme issues I won't give them a penny.

-ST

Didnt know that. Last OCZ memory I bought was some Reaper for S775 platform. Was rock solid and overclocked nice. I have been using G-Skill, Corsair and Kingston of late.

Latest posts