What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Work Out/Lose Weight/Diet Thread

enaberif

So damn happy tonight.

I said by the end of April I would squat my own body weight.

Well tonight I did 4 sets of 8 @ 185 for squats and 4 sets of 8 @ 200 for leg presses!

OOOH YA!

b1lk1

Coming in late to this thread. I am 5'11" and as of Dec 1, 2012, I was 215lbs. I'm 44 so I'm starting to feel my years, time to change. I have no plans to join a gym or start running marathons, but I am looking to atleast live healthy enough into my 80's. I started a calorie restriction diet. I eat a bagel with butter in the morning every other day with my coffee. Every other day I skip breakfast and let my body burn up some fat. Then I try to have a salad heavy lunch, throw in some meat as well. Supper tends to be relatively normal. NO FOOD AFTER 7PM, EVER!!!! Lots of water throughout the day. I really gotta start cutting out coffee....

Anyways, fast forward to today: Down to 190lbs and it's staying off. My system is still trying to adjust, but for the most part I feel pretty damn good. Back down to a 34" waist and my stamina is easily tripled. My back has not felt this good in years as well. Yay diet!

Anyhow, once spring gets here, gonna start walking with my boys (10 and 11) as well as getting back into hobbies which require outdoors. Spent the last 5-6 years kinda isolated, not doing much. That's a changing.

Never too late to start and it's more of a mental challenge to get healthy than anything, I still drool when I see people eating all the things I want, but I know I gotta change if I want a chance at living a long life. I strongly suggest people look into calorie restriction diets. Don't let the name fool you, its not about starvation. It's about eating right.

enaberif

Coming in late to this thread. I am 5'11" and as of Dec 1, 2012, I was 215lbs. I'm 44 so I'm starting to feel my years, time to change. I have no plans to join a gym or start running marathons, but I am looking to atleast live healthy enough into my 80's. I started a calorie restriction diet. I eat a bagel with butter in the morning every other day with my coffee. Every other day I skip breakfast and let my body burn up some fat. Then I try to have a salad heavy lunch, throw in some meat as well. Supper tends to be relatively normal. NO FOOD AFTER 7PM, EVER!!!! Lots of water throughout the day. I really gotta start cutting out coffee....

Anyways, fast forward to today: Down to 190lbs and it's staying off. My system is still trying to adjust, but for the most part I feel pretty damn good. Back down to a 34" waist and my stamina is easily tripled. My back has not felt this good in years as well. Yay diet!

Anyhow, once spring gets here, gonna start walking with my boys (10 and 11) as well as getting back into hobbies which require outdoors. Spent the last 5-6 years kinda isolated, not doing much. That's a changing.

Never too late to start and it's more of a mental challenge to get healthy than anything, I still drool when I see people eating all the things I want, but I know I gotta change if I want a chance at living a long life. I strongly suggest people look into calorie restriction diets. Don't let the name fool you, its not about starvation. It's about eating right.

1) Bagels are absolutely horrendous for you and one of the worst breads you can eat

2) Skipping breakfast is also another absolutely horrid thing to do. Your body NEEDS breakfast. Skipping any meals will put your body into a hibernate stage and it will store MORE fat than burn.

3) You can eat foods after 7pm it just depends on what. Eating carbs and such obviously isn't going to be good but fruits, vegetables and that sort of stuff eat away!

I wish I could not eat after 7. Going to the gym I usually don't eat dinner till almost 8pm some nights. :(

Tech686239

1) Bagels are absolutely horrendous for you and one of the worst breads you can eat

2) Skipping breakfast is also another absolutely horrid thing to do. Your body NEEDS breakfast. Skipping any meals will put your body into a hibernate stage and it will store MORE fat than burn.

3) You can eat foods after 7pm it just depends on what. Eating carbs and such obviously isn't going to be good but fruits, vegetables and that sort of stuff eat away!

I wish I could not eat after 7. Going to the gym I usually don't eat dinner till almost 8pm some nights. :(

What do you suggest for breakfast? I have been drinking smoothies and oatmeal but i am getting bored of them..

Last edited:

JoeOnePack

Banned
What do you suggest for breakfast? I have been drinking smoothies and oat meal but i am getting bored of them... Do you have any suggestions?

High protein
Low carb
Fruit

1 whole egg
2 egg whites
1 piece of whole wheat toast/oatmeal
half banana
half cup of blueberries/strawberries

/done :clap:

Arinoth

Staff member

Yep on both accounts, bagels are rather high in calories and fat, I am not 100% how much better english muffins are for you.

Breakfast is required to start your metabolism for the day, so by skipping it you are effectively slowing it down so you do not effective burn off as many calories a day. Even having something as simple as whole wheat toast (with margarine or your favourite healthy jam spread) can leave you feeling full until lunch and be relatively good for you too.

Latest posts