What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Post your WaterCooled PC pics here thread

lowfat

Staff member
lowfat did u use municipal service tubing for that?

I have no idea what that is so I am guessing no. :biggrin:

lowfat could you explain the flow in your loop please. It looks really cool I just don't understand how that loop is workin exactly.

The GPUs and CPU are in parallel. Water goes in the left side on the blocks and out the right. Pressure drop is similar between the blocks so the CPU should be getting similar flow compared to the gpu blocks. Although there definitely will be significantly less flow over the blocks.

Last edited:

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
What keeps the flow from going directly from inlet to outlet on the GPU blocks?

Here's what I'm getting at: whatever block is most restrictive will receive the least amount of flow. I suspect it's your CPU block seeing as you are hitting 60 degree temps at stock. Parallel flow only works on identical blocks.

Edit: don't get me wrong, it's a pretty loop. I just don't think it's as effective cooling as it should be. You may not care though.

lowfat

Staff member
What keeps the flow from going directly from inlet to outlet on the GPU blocks?

Here's what I'm getting at: whatever block is most restrictive will receive the least amount of flow. I suspect it's your CPU block seeing as you are hitting 60 degree temps at stock. Parallel flow only works on identical blocks.

Edit: don't get me wrong, it's a pretty loop. I just don't think it's as effective cooling as it should be. You may not care though.
The Supreme HF CPU block has a similar pressure drop as the EK GTX680 blocks. Now if I were to have a more restrictive Swiftech Apogee HD instead I would more than likely run in to issues.

I'd guess I have around 0.2 GPM over each block so I don't doubt my temps will be a tad high. If I turn the fans and pump up temps are around 53-54C on the CPU and 45-50C on the GPUs.

r0k0

Folding Team
anyone wanna finished my 6990 watercooling loop in my case ? hahha

i have no time to start ripping my whole loop in the pc and i need to shut that damn 6990 fan !!

lowfat

Staff member
What cameras do you all use :)?

You need to download an exif viewer extension for whatever browser you are using. That way you could just right click the picture and see exif. It would show what lens and camera they are using. As long as they didn't remove the exif data.

Camera Make = Canon
Camera Model = Canon EOS REBEL T3i
Lens Model = EF17-40mm f/4L USM

Reaper2794

Yeah not all pics have EXIF data that's why :)

I need to buy a decent camera... kinda wish cameras were a bit cheaper, for the price of a decent camera, Id get another high end single GPU card... Im already dishing out well over $4,500+ on hardware, tools and materials alone... I'm fine with buying a $500-600 camera but I don't think I'd use it enough to justify buying one...