What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

enaberif

I never finished this game either.. some of the bugs were really getting to me and I think the game actually glitched out on me.. I forget.

Perhaps I'll get back into it and try to finish it.. even tho its been over a year.

sswilson

Staff member
Has anybody gone back to try oblivion in the last year or so? I'm wondering what the state of mods are on that game and if it might be worthwhile giving it a second / third look..... ;)

IRQ Conflict

I was playing Oblivion up until last week or so. I suffer from gaming ADD though so I'm hoping all over the place. I am using mods from years ago but they work fine. Just have to be careful of load order and inter-mod compatibility. imo, it is still well worth the effort. Problem is I can never finish the main quests because there are too many mods. Guess that really isn't a problem. The replay value of that game is off the charts. :thumb:

lowfat

Staff member
Didn't realize there was a Dragonborn DLC until 2 days ago. I said I wasn't going to buy it but ended up doing so and invested most of yesterday in to a new character for it.:whistle:

jdickie92

After Playing Oblivion for so many hours when it came out, I just couldn't bring myself to put that much time into Skyrim.

FreeKnight

I finallly got Dragonborn, so it's time to start up Skyrim again soon. It looks like I lost my saves though, so I'll have to start over again. Which isn't too bad as my old char had everything maxed out and the game was becoming a little too easy. Maybe I'll keep enchanting and smithing to a minimum to bump up the challenge.
The only gripe I have with Skyrim is the same I have with all the ES games. It always seems like the plot/quests don't really matter and are just a surface of paint put on to cover the fetch/explore/kill quest. I wish they'd take a page from the CD Project Red or Bioware and add a little more plot/substance to their quests and characters while keeping the rest of the things they do spectacularly. Don't get me wrong though, the ES are fantastic games.

I am a little sad that Dragonborn is the last DLC. I was really hoping for a Thalmor war/invasion DLC since it seemed like that particular plotline had so much potential for great story and gameplay. Instead it was 'random thalmor baddie' that plays into a few quests on each major plotline but doesn't really go past a battle or two (College of winterhold for example).

ipaine

I haven't played it since something like November. But I did just spend a ton of time last night going over my mods and updating and all that stuff. I think I am ready to play it again. Of course I am going to try to continue my game as I am almost finished the main quest, but then again I do kind of want to start again.

Hey is Dragonborn and Dawnguard worth it? Or not?

Latest posts