What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Ottawa Senators

Herne

Alfredsson lost me as a captain when he guaranteed a playoff series win and then didn't deliver. He should have been moved back then. It was a bold move, and I see what he was trying to do but when you try and pull a Messier and if fails you have to be done.

Shortly after, the Sens were at a choice between Alfredsson and Redden or Hossa and Chara...

proxy

Alfredsson lost me as a captain when he guaranteed a playoff series win and then didn't deliver. He should have been moved back then. It was a bold move, and I see what he was trying to do but when you try and pull a Messier and if fails you have to be done.

Shortly after, the Sens were at a choice between Alfredsson and Redden or Hossa and Chara...

That decision if I recall was Redden or Chara; and that decision between the two was mandated by ownership, and they made the wrong choice.

His assinine guarantee aside, Alfredsson was the heart of the Sens for a long time. No reason to be upset with him choosing to jump ship, he's a UFA and put in his time.

Herne

That decision if I recall was Redden or Chara; and that decision between the two was mandated by ownership, and they made the wrong choice.

His assinine guarantee aside, Alfredsson was the heart of the Sens for a long time. No reason to be upset with him choosing to jump ship, he's a UFA and put in his time.

Right- but Hossa was a big part of Chara arriving and a big part of him leaving. And Chara wanted to be a captain.

I don't begrudge Alfredsson anything. He has put in his time and he is a UFA. I just haven't thought he was the best direction for the Sens since about that time.

rovert

Cheer up, it got a whole lot better when Murray replaced him with MacArthur and Ryan. Especially since the only real roster asset it cost them was Silfverberg.

Personally I don't think the Wings have a better chance than the Sens at a cup this season. Alfie could have just signed a cheap 2.5m deal or something, cause Ottawa looks scary now. Not sure they're contenders yet, but I don't think any teams are going to see them as pushovers. Hell if Anderson maintains his level of play (big if) I'd be downright terrified of a healthy Sens team.

Funny enough I have been using an alfredsson and silfverberg wallpaper for the last 6 months and now they're both gone. I was extremely high on silfverberg as well as noesen. I've seen noesen play live a number of times and he is a beast, at least at the junior level. I still think murray gave up too much for ryan but only time will tell.

If alfie was still on our roster, I think we could have been real contenders. Based on what I have heard, uncle eugene is also having financial issues which may be why alfredsson left. :doh:

crazyhorsejohnny

Right- but Hossa was a big part of Chara arriving and a big part of him leaving. And Chara wanted to be a captain.

I don't begrudge Alfredsson anything. He has put in his time and he is a UFA. I just haven't thought he was the best direction for the Sens since about that time.

Hossa had nothing to do with Chara coming to Ottawa. Sens traded Yashin to NYI for Chara (who at the time was a 5th or 6th D at best) and NYI 1st rd pick which Sens used to take Spezza.

As for Chara leaving and Sens picking Redden over Chara well that's not exactly how it went down. Sens offered Redden (who had just played on Canada's Olympic team) and Chara the same contract. Redden even offered to take less so both could resign but Chara didn't even respond to the Sens. So Sens signed Redden.

Darwing

anyone who things alfi was anything but positive for the sens shouldnt be allowed to even talk. Not only was he one of the hardest workers ottawa has ever seen, he was passionate, and wanted to win unlike anyone on the current roster. His move to detroit was a good one for himself and career, we treated him like crap and now he can finally pass the puck to another finisher.. He has shown all of us how badly we need and needed him when he was here.

the sens are a shadow of their former selves.

rovert

These are dark times to be Sens fan. Jason Spezza was my favourite player growing up. I'm very disappointed with the return he got.

Arinoth

Staff member
What a drive on the road, going 4-0-1 with their 'third' string goalie. Shut out two of those teams too.

SpaceSquad

It has been a crazy ride! Now they have me all excited that we are back in the playoff race. 4pts shy of Boston for the wildcard. I guess I won't give up hope yet!

Arinoth

Staff member
It has been a crazy ride! Now they have me all excited that we are back in the playoff race. 4pts shy of Boston for the wildcard. I guess I won't give up hope yet!

Should also note they have 2 games left to play against Boston too, a great way to make up 4 point.

Latest posts