What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD Launches Never Settle Forever Game Promo

ccm001

Showing as available on cards at ncix already, and there's a good sale on an msi and giga 7950 with free shipping!

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Like I said: I would recommend holding onto those credits for now. ;)

great_big_abyss

Cryptic sayings like that from Sky often mean that he has some sort of product in hand....

TechofTomorrow guy was saying sometime in early September (I forget the actual date) for release of new 9000 series cards. If that's true, it stands to reason that testers have product in their possession so that benchmarks/reviews are up on launch day.

On2wheels

Wow that is interesting, especially if the prices are beating NV by a large margin. Tell me, are AMD/ATI drivers still as bad as I've heard in the past? That's been my main reason for not looking twice at a Radeon ever since friends can't run games like GTA4, Renegade Ops, RAGE, Brink or some other OpenGL games. Plus all the other net chatter seems to drown out any nvidia complaints, of which I have very few.

great_big_abyss

Wow that is interesting, especially if the prices are beating NV by a large margin. Tell me, are AMD/ATI drivers still as bad as I've heard in the past? That's been my main reason for not looking twice at a Radeon ever since friends can't run games like GTA4, Renegade Ops, RAGE, Brink or some other OpenGL games. Plus all the other net chatter seems to drown out any nvidia complaints, of which I have very few.

Honestly, single card drivers never really had a problem. Crossfire configs have recently been fixed, so by all accounts drivers are up to par with what Nvidia has.

ccm001

Cryptic sayings like that from Sky often mean that he has some sort of product in hand....

TechofTomorrow guy was saying sometime in early September (I forget the actual date) for release of new 9000 series cards. If that's true, it stands to reason that testers have product in their possession so that benchmarks/reviews are up on launch day.

By "credits" I'm pretty sure he means the AMD free game credits, which are good until the end of the year. They are going to offer future new games as part of the program (like Battlefield 4). So hang on to those credits for better games.

great_big_abyss

By "credits" I'm pretty sure he means the AMD free game credits, which are good until the end of the year. They are going to offer future new games as part of the program (like Battlefield 4). So hang on to those credits for better games.

Ah, yeah, my bad. Now that you mention that, I guess that is what he meant.

The RealRollo

Banned
Honestly, single card drivers never really had a problem. Crossfire configs have recently been fixed, so by all accounts drivers are up to par with what Nvidia has.

You mean the frame metering fix addressed all the games that don't scale with CFx?

And that the frame metering fix works with Eyefinity, DX9, and OpenGL?

Work with 3D?

CFx drivers got a lot better, but are not up to par with NVIDIA.

I do agree the single card drivers are fine.