What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Canadian RMA Experience

applebook

Insane MSI RMA, folks:

- 760 Hawk
- Filed the RMA online and heard back within 12 hours, dropped off personally at their Richmond location on Monday afternoon
- UPS delivered a replacement this evening! That's a 48-hour turnaround!

They say that replacements are refurbished, but the card looks brand new.

I didn't include a receipt, but I did everything correctly, so this helped.

10/10, A+, 100%, and all other superlatives!

Attachments

• IMAG1301.jpg
    IMAG1301.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 527
  • IMAG1299.jpg
    IMAG1299.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 534

architect

Company Name: Corsair
Product: TX750 PSU
Warranty Period: 5 years
Date purchased: 2010
Date RMAed: 2014
Where it was sent to: USA, California
Ease of RMA: 10
Any extra fees?: 30$ (You pay for shipping there)
Wait time: 1 week
Details: They offer advance RMA by holding your credit card number. No hassle with no request for proof of purchase. I think the 750 is obsolete so they sent me a TX850 instead without telling me. It would be perfect if they paid for shipping to them but can't complain since I don't think any PSU companies offer that.
Satisfaction: 9

architect

Company Name: Logitech
Product: Anywhere Mouse
Warranty Period: 3 years
Date purchased: 2012
Date RMAed: 2014
Where it was sent to: N/A
Any extra fees?: 0$
Wait time: 1 week
Details: Hassle free warranty coverage. Logitech does not require you to ship the product back to them if it's valued under $90. They sent me a new mouse within a week. I'm sticking with Logitech mice for a long time. They have my loyalty.
Satisfaction: 10

kirik

Company Name: Kingston
Product: HyperX 3k 240GB ssd
Date purchased: Nov 2012
Date RMAed: Aug 15, 2014
Where it was sent to: Fountain Valley, California
Any extra fees?: $81 from Fedex.
Wait time: 1.5 weeks
Details: SSD decided it didn't want to work and disappeared from windows and bios. Tried a lot of things but couldn't get a peep out of the SSD. Next day I used their live chat and got a case number and phone number. Called and quickly got instructions on mailing the SSD to them with the promise that they would pay shipping both ways. SSD was shipped out on the 18th, got the replacement drive on the 25th. On the 26th I got a bill from fedex for $81 and change.
Satisfaction: 8. I wouldn't have docked 2 pts if I wasn't being charged for shipping or it was like $20. I'll be contacting Kingston to find out what was going on and see if anything can be done. I'll update and possibly change the scores if warranted.

Company Name: Kingston
Product: HyperX 3k 240GB ssd
Date purchased: Nov 2012
Date RMAed: Aug 15, 2014
Where it was sent to: Fountain Valley, California
Any extra fees?: $81 from Fedex.
Wait time: 1.5 weeks
Details: SSD decided it didn't want to work and disappeared from windows and bios. Tried a lot of things but couldn't get a peep out of the SSD. Next day I used their live chat and got a case number and phone number. Called and quickly got instructions on mailing the SSD to them with the promise that they would pay shipping both ways. SSD was shipped out on the 18th, got the replacement drive on the 25th. On the 26th I got a bill from fedex for $81 and change.
Satisfaction: 8. I wouldn't have docked 2 pts if I wasn't being charged for shipping or it was like $20. I'll be contacting Kingston to find out what was going on and see if anything can be done. I'll update and possibly change the scores if warranted.

That is ridiculous cost for shipping.

proxy

It's not shipping, it's fedex's brokerage fees. It's probably $30 courier shipping and $50 brokerage (or higher brokerage fees).

I refuse any shipment option from the US that isn't through USPS.
That's a gouge if I ever saw one.

Canada Post charges $7.50
DHL charges $10 + $4.50 COD fee

kirik

So it took a while but I have an update to my previous post.

First call to Kingston got a rep that asked for the fedex waybill. I didn't hear anything for 3 days (plus labour day weekend got in the way) so I called back. I lucked out and got a rep that had the authority to get this sorted out. Then it turns out the rep from the first call told me to send the wrong document. The second Kingston rep needed the fedex invoice I received. I got confirmation today that the fedex invoice was sorted out by Kingston.

So, overall it was still a good RMA experience but the little bump in the road will still factor into my revised score.

9.5/10

Latest posts