What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Palit HD4870 X2 Review Comment Thread

Jackquelegs

How did you boost the vcore on the Hamster? I'm thinking of doing the same on mine :haha::haha:

Great review SKYMTL, 550$ is a little steep though, well there goes the dream of switching the 9800GX2 :biggrin:

freakgeek1337

Wow the results weren't all that good... IMHO, kinda overhyped...:sad: But the review is definitely awesome, hope there's a HD4850X2 with a black PCB being released.:thumb: I think I could really consider that.:biggrin: Well once again, SKY never seizes to amaze...:thumb:

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Wow the results weren't all that good... IMHO, kinda overhyped...:sad:

I knew I made a mistake putting CF scores up there. Look at this card versus the GTX 280 and I can't see how you CAN'T be excited about this.

freakgeek1337

I knew I made a mistake putting CF scores up there. Look at this card versus the GTX 280 and I can't see how you CAN'T be excited about this.

Ooh I see the difference now...:haha: When you take a skimping look across the reviews, you automatically think that the GTX280 is down below on the second. Interesting results in COD4, almost double the framerates. Too bad this has almost no overclocking potential and it's friggin warm and pricey. Oh ya, are there any aftermarket heatsinks SKY?

miggs78

Thanks SKY.. I can't thank you enough.
One hell of a card, and I didn't know there is also a 4850X2 coming out.

The performance at low resolutions doesn't really outperform a 4850 Crossfire that much.

tfran

Good review, pretty much covered everything. Just one thing. In a review for a card of this epicness, wouldn't it make more sense to bench at 1680, 1920, and 2560? 1280x1024 seems kind of silly.

Not to insult your reviewing skills as I think HWC has the best reviews on the intrawebz.

However, now that I think about it; most of the past cards were probably not tested @ 1920 in the past, so you wouldn't have much to compare it against.

One last thing, when are you guys going to get GRID in? Not that I plan on playing it, just seems to be the new thing all the cool kids are talking about now.

Latest posts