What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

X99 woes.

turtletrax

Banned

turtletrax

Banned
I managed to use an easy out to get the standoff thread out and moved a less essential standoff in its place until I get a replacement from Aquacomputer. Will remount tomorrow. Thanks Vittra.

good to hear the memory is working better... next time I invest in memory i'll be getting corsair again.

I have to say I have always had luck with Corsair Memory, especially in the Dominator line. Sure there may be cheaper stuff that is awesome, but it usually escapes me how to get it and I don't have the time I used to too find it, and get it working. This time was especially bad because I didn't have my usual stack of hardware lying around to test with. It was an expensive experiment to say the least...

If I can get my 5930k to 4.6ghz and ram at 2800 or above I will call it a day and get back to some gaming, and save for my 750 series SSD ;)

turtletrax

Banned
One thing I did notice about my Platinums is in a review I read about them, they stated that the Rev was 5.13 and that meant that it was Elpida based, and the review was late 2014. I just bought my kit in the middle of 2015, and the version is 4.23. Very odd IMHO.

clshades

memory express is normally pretty good about returns in the 1st 7 days. I would definitely inquire about the revision because you might have over paid?

turtletrax

Banned
Put it all back in my Murderbox, and fill the loop with some feser coolant I had laying around to hamper the corrosion issues I had until I can rebuild my loop and the bloody Qcode 79 is back. Shoving it in the closet for a couple weeks and deal with it later. This is mental.

Might be a big sale coming up...

turtletrax

Banned
I pulled all USB except keyboard and mouse. I had everything working on the box, so I guess it must be waterblock tension or something silly like that. Just out of patience, so just wait until I grow some more.

turtletrax

Banned
So I pulled my loop apart and put my NH-D15 on, and used an ancient pcie gpu that has been tested as working, and used one stick of the Dominator Platinums and still Qcode 79/02. Something is defiantly fcuked. Will try the same configuration, but with the Deluxe tomorrow. Hopefully that will work proving the cpu is ok and the r5e crapped the bed and I can RMA it and continue on.

Talked to Charles_H and I think I will still get a MBX Forma. The pedestal prototype solved the biggest gripe for me, which was rad space. I just have a soft spot for the TJ07 as pretty much nothing tickles my fancy these days.

Latest posts