What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Zotac GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme Review Comment Thread

sweenytodd

Wow, beast of a card for sure over the SC+ and 10C cooler! :punk: I wonder how it compares with the Gigabyte G1 at the same clocks.

By the way, how many more 980 Ti reviews left SKY? Excited for the Galax HOF and Asus Strix versions.

FreeKnight

I assumed this thing would be a monster in both size and performance, and that's pretty much what it is.

I was pretty excited when I first saw the specs, but the 2.5 slot size kind of makes it an odd duck to me. If you're doing a build where you're just going to have 1 card and you don't care if you're loosing the slot below it, no problem. But if you're doing an Mitx build, your case choices might be limited, or if you have some pcie cards (ssd, usb 3.1, whatever) it might cause you a bit of grief depending on your motherboard. Not as crazy about the backplate, but I'm not much of a slogan guy.

Still a solid card, and like the review says, if you're not planning on overclocking yourself, it'll be the fastest thing on 16 lanes.

Just make sure your thumbscrews are in tight so you don't break your motherboard's back carrying that monster all day :D

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
By the way, how many more 980 Ti reviews left SKY? Excited for the Galax HOF and Asus Strix versions.

I don't think there will be distribution of the HOF in North America but I'll confirm. I have the STRIX and MSI Gaming in-hand.

Dzzope

Woop... wanna see what the DCIII is up to on cooling a quiet.. :D
And if they go nuts on component selection like the did for the 780 / 770..

And that Zotac is a Damn impressive card.. guessing classified or Matrix levels of binning on that..
Anyone had to deal with Zotac warranty / returns?

Last edited:

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Insane. Absolutely INSANE.

Also I cannot stress enough how awesome and underappreciated Zotac cards are in North America. In Europe they are -the- EVGA of north america.
Now that they have NA (CANADIAN!) warranty depots people need to accept them as big players in this market.

Awesome.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
No.. no they aren't.. We have the same big few as you guys (Asus, Msi, EVGA and gigabyte) fringe are Galax, Zotac and the like.

Hum. Thats not what I've heard from my Central European friends. Maybe its different in Eastern Europe? Regardless, with a card like this they need to be noted as 'the real deal' and not 'fringe' imho.

Now where is that delivery guy...:whistle:

Luay79

Sky: this extreme level of performance is completely covered by Zotac’s warranty in a plug-and-play format that guarantees insane speeds without the “hassle” of overclocking.

Thank you for being subjective and fair. Comprehensive and pin-pointing review.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Anyone had to deal with Zotac warranty / returns?

I had to do an RMA on one of the Zotac cards I owned 3-4 years ago, it was as painless as an RMA can be. Their return depot was in Richmond, BC at the time. I'd have no issues with buying another Zotac card.

Latest posts