What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gallery Quick NCase M1 V3 w/Fury X Gallery

zoob

Here's a quick gallery of images from something I threw together just to see if it'd work.

4790K de-lidded
Asrock Z87E-ITX
Fury X
Silverstone 500W SFX-L
NCase M1 V3

Noctua U9S CPU cooler
Fury X AIO
Gentle Typhoon 92mm exhaust

Fury X tubing was difficult to route, and the thick rad partially blocks the CPU fan. My CPU OC of 4.5 GHz quickly hit 95C during a short LinX test so I'll have to pull it back, or go water. Not sure if I want to try a 120mm AIO or just throw everything in a loop, because the Fury X noise still noticeable even with the revised pump.

yXiXnogl.jpg

DtTMFpcl.jpg

dAPjwuFl.jpg

iyWswnpl.jpg

Usm6jsJl.jpg

6h1cDhcl.jpg

2R5t92Ml.jpg

sswilson

Staff member
Holy cwap dood!!!!

That's one hella lot of air cooler shoehorned into that case!!!! :)

Vittra

Wait a second.. what happened to your V1? Did you even end up using it? :haha:

I'm pretty sure I warned you before, but the reason I dismantled my custom loop in the V1 was because the pump will *always* be audible in this case. Even PWM control around 1400rpm was a no go (believe thats approx 20-25). The ventilation on all 4 panels assures noise will escape.. it's just the nature of making such a small design usable.

Sidenote - I had procured a V4 to relegate my V1 to server use, but ended up selling the V4 off.. just going to go with a Kimera Nova or Necere's (likely) upcoming mATX for my Z170 rig.

CTA

what heck... watercooling and aircooling combine?! (this reminds me of supercharger and turbocharger in wrx)

honestly i like it but why not put extra 2x120 radiator on top (remove top and make holes for radiator mount) so you can use 2x radiator for better cooling...

edit: just looking at that case... it totally stolen my idea... almost... ;[

zoob

That's one hella lot of air cooler shoehorned into that case!!!! :)

Every bit of cooling counts in a case this small! :)

Wait a second.. what happened to your V1? Did you even end up using it? :haha:

I'm pretty sure I warned you before, but the reason I dismantled my custom loop in the V1 was because the pump will *always* be audible in this case. Even PWM control around 1400rpm was a no go (believe thats approx 20-25). The ventilation on all 4 panels assures noise will escape.. it's just the nature of making such a small design usable.

Sidenote - I had procured a V4 to relegate my V1 to server use, but ended up selling the V4 off.. just going to go with a Kimera Nova or Necere's (likely) upcoming mATX for my Z170 rig.

The V1 is in my basement, sealed in the original shipping box. I still don't know what number it is. :whistle:

Got an amazing deal on this V3 so I figured why not throw something in to see how it goes. The U9S was delivered Friday and was the last piece that would let me put together a test system.

You mentioned the pump stuff before (I still have your old FrozenPC res in my closet) and I was wondering why you sold off the V4, thanks for filling me in. I haven't been a fan of mATX cases since the Lian Li A05. Everything since then has been sort of lacklustre. The TJ08-E was something I had thought about for a while, and I saw you went through multiple, but I eventually convinced myself to go with a big tower (Fractal R4/Midi R2 builds that I currently have) because it was only an extra inch or two in height to get something much more flexible wrt to motherboard and cooling choices.

I'm sure the NCASE mATX will be brilliant and I'll end up buying one of those as well lol.

honestly i like it but why not put extra 2x120 radiator on top (remove top and make holes for radiator mount) so you can use 2x radiator for better cooling...

edit: just looking at that case... it totally stolen my idea... almost... ;[

Some people put a radiator on the bottom (with a single slot GPU) along with a radiator on the fan bracket. It looks super tight and not sure if it actually helps that much. Are you building a custom case??

By accident, I found a place where the noise doesn't directly reach my ears. I wanted to show one of my friends how small the case is (it's smaller than my MX5021 sub). In this position a lot of the 'bad' is muffled as there is no longer a direct path to my ears so I can't hear the weird PSU electrical noises or the 92mm fan noise, though the Fury X pump noise is very distinct and cuts through.

ypHzdEbl.jpg

CTA

thats kinda very tight...

yes i built one customize case 5 years ago... i had 2x 120.3 radiators as external with supporter... bent smoke black acrylic window... which is looking cool... 60% smaller than cm 690 I but little bigger than your case by 30%... now it scrapped to bench table... because it cant support pxm360 (70mm thickness 120.3, 6 shrouds and 12 fans)

but i am still working on my 3d printed case (40% completed) and it would be little bigger (probably 5-10%) than my first attempt... trial and error, and experience... ;]

i do have 2 ideas to make extremely small and small case (different structure)...

i am curious... are you using the case as gaming?

Vittra

Every bit of cooling counts in a case this small! :)

The V1 is in my basement, sealed in the original shipping box. I still don't know what number it is. :whistle:

Got an amazing deal on this V3 so I figured why not throw something in to see how it goes. The U9S was delivered Friday and was the last piece that would let me put together a test system.

You mentioned the pump stuff before (I still have your old FrozenPC res in my closet) and I was wondering why you sold off the V4, thanks for filling me in. I haven't been a fan of mATX cases since the Lian Li A05. Everything since then has been sort of lacklustre. The TJ08-E was something I had thought about for a while, and I saw you went through multiple, but I eventually convinced myself to go with a big tower (Fractal R4/Midi R2 builds that I currently have) because it was only an extra inch or two in height to get something much more flexible wrt to motherboard and cooling choices.

A05 is ATX - I'm guessing you mean a different case?

The KI Nova will be a 17L mATX case - fairly diminutive. Necere's mATX will be much larger - probably around the size of the TJ08-E, but it will have limited ATX capability if that design goes through.

Based on the rest of your post that I cut out, you might be ok going with a custom loop. Just keep in mind the top can't exhaust any heat with you having the case placed where it is.. you may not be able to run the fans as intake with the rad, but you aren't doing that right now anyways, so doesn't matter I suppose :).

zoob

Image heavy.

Comparing the Z87E-ITX to the Z170 Gaming-ITX.

- Wifi bracket bent out of the box
- M.2. slot is accessible through back of NCASE M1. The mSATA slot on the Z87E was slightly obstructed by the Noctua heatsink backplate
- Some minor PCB differences like electrolytic caps for the audio, CMOS battery moved to I/O stack, nicer 8-pin connector location
- Lose eSATA and DVI, but gain a CMOS reset button
- My Trident Z sticks scrape against each other upon installation (slots are very close together), and it barely touches the CPU heatsink.
- Really really really tight fit with a GPU with a backplate and the 500W SFX-L PSU. I'm most likely changing this.
- I need to make custom cables or buy the short cable kit.

Pics here

Latest posts