What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Opinions on my potential upgrade: SLI with DFI Infinity 975X/G (a crossfire board)

S|nApSE

I've had the board for a couple days now and have had no real issues with it thus far - especially for being completely new to this thing. My only complaint is that with IDE devices, SATA and the power/hdd activity LEDs all needing to be plugged in, the upper-right section of the board got REALLY crowded when it came to wiring as well. Another thing that should be taken into consideration is that the 8 pin power connector is in the top left part of the board - which is great for top mounted PSUs - but not so much for those that are mounted in the bottom like the popular Antec boxes; especially with a bulky graphics card in the way! Other than that, flashing was easy and the installation of associated drivers and configuring the BIOS was self-explanatory. I'd suggest that you reset the BIOS to defaults straight off on the first boot though. For some reason mine had its multiplier at 8x (instead of 9x that's the default for the E6600). I'm not entirely sure if that was the only disreprency. It's recommended you set everything to defaults before you update the BIOS anyway so you might as well even if your settings aren't messed up from the get-go like mine!

DerekOldschool

I've had the board for a couple days now and have had no real issues with it thus far - especially for being completely new to this thing. My only complaint is that with IDE devices, SATA and the power/hdd activity LEDs all needing to be plugged in, the upper-right section of the board got REALLY crowded when it came to wiring as well. Another thing that should be taken into consideration is that the 8 pin power connector is in the top left part of the board - which is great for top mounted PSUs - but not so much for those that are mounted in the bottom like the popular Antec boxes; especially with a bulky graphics card in the way! Other than that, flashing was easy and the installation of associated drivers and configuring the BIOS was self-explanatory. I'd suggest that you reset the BIOS to defaults straight off on the first boot though. For some reason mine had its multiplier at 8x (instead of 9x that's the default for the E6600). I'm not entirely sure if that was the only disreprency. It's recommended you set everything to defaults before you update the BIOS anyway so you might as well even if your settings aren't messed up from the get-go like mine!

Thank you very much for the insight - this is the information that allows a consumer such as myself to "skate with my head up", so to speak.

Product reviews are all well and good, but it is in forums like this one where one has access to real world experience.

Keep em coming :thumb:

Babrbarossa

I've learned some good cable management trick for the p180 and the 680i- you can hardly see any now. The way to do it is to remove the right-side panel and drill a hole through the motherboard tray just above the eight pin connection, and route that cable behind the motherboard tray- you can route all the others behind tray too- there's not alot of room between the motherboard tray and the right-side panel, so it tricky to put it back on the first time, but the cables flatten out once it's on.

Latest posts