What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completed lowfat's Big Lian Li.

lowfat

Staff member
Very nice ! Same colour scheme as my truck. lol

Not sure what model that is but I love my Lian Li big case as well. PC V2120, which model is that ?

Tried to get mine with the black interior but this one is fine as I saved quite a bit, bnib on kijiji. Gotta love fully modular cases !!! Heavy though.:blarg::thumb:

Looks like you have 11 expansion slots at the back as well. I take it the motherboard tray comes out ?:whistle:

FF
:biggrin:

It originally was a PC-V77F. However I've replaced pretty much the entire interior. The motherboard tray definitely will never come out again. It was riveted in place, then all the rivets were puttied over, then powder coated. It only has 8 PCIe slots. I actually won't buy cases with more as it makes motherboards look really small.

Groove

System looks awesome lowfat! That cable training... :shok: You need to write a tutorial on how to train psu cables like that!

lowfat

Staff member
System looks awesome lowfat! That cable training... :shok: You need to write a tutorial on how to train psu cables like that!

The cables are able to stay in place since they are all perfect lengths. None of the cables push against each other. I also made sure the sleeving wasn't ever twisted on the wire when I made them. All the crimps needed to crimped on in the correct position, otherwise risk twisting the cable. And last but not least, the sleeving needs to be absolutely tight as possible. Any slack and the cables will sag. I'd guess it took me about 200 hours or so to do the cabling originally. If you have looked at the original final pics you'll also see the cable retention bars I have on the back side of the motherboard tray. I'll post more pics of it after I get the replacement SSD from Mushkin.

Wanted to get the 8-pin EPS done today as well but I was out of practice on bending acrylic so it took me quite a few hours to do the last bend.

I also disassembled the XSPC Photon reservoir and scrubbed the snot out of it. Then dried it w/ a microfiber. I can't even remember it looking so clear and shiny before. Got to love that glass. :shok:
export-1-54_1.jpg

export-1-55_1.jpg

export-1-52_1.jpg

export-1-53_1.jpg

lowfat

Staff member
V1.1 of Big Lian Li is complete. Well minus the 32GB of ram I ordered 2 days ago.

i5-6400 @ 4.7GHz. Asus Z170-A. Asus GTX980 Strix. 32GB G.Skill DDR4 @ 2800MHz. Silverstone ST1000G. Lian Li PC-A77F. 256GB Samsung 950 Pro. 480GB Mushkin Striker. 240GB OCZ Revodrive 3. Intel 10GbE NIC. Creative X-Fi Titanium HD.

EK Supreme HF. EK Thermosphere. EK D5 w/ CSQ top and nickel pump cover. HWLabs 280 SR1. Coolgate 420. Primochill fittings & tubing. XSPC Photon.

export-2_4.jpg

export_2.jpg

export-3_3.jpg

export-3_4.jpg

export-5_3.jpg

export-2_5.jpg

export-4_3.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts