What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Old HP 110 netbook: cannot power on

biggyk

I have this old HP 110 netbook I took off a buddy a few years ago. After getting a new charger for it off ebay it worked fine but I really had no use for it so into a drawer it went for about a year and half.

Im in the process of moving and came up with a use for it in my new home, but....the damn thing wont power on anymore. The charger does have a green light on it but the laptop itself doesnt light up showing its charging.

Am I right to assume that it should be able to power even if I didnt have a battery installed? I remember my very old mbp was able to run through "passthrough" without a battery.

I see on Amazon, replacement batteries are only $20 and im thinking that I should be able to power it on right when I get one to see if it actually works. Maybe I have a dud charger.

Just wanted to get some input and advice.

sswilson

Staff member
If it was working before you put it in the drawer my first guess would be the MB coin battery.

biggyk

Is it this thing?

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/HP_Mini_110-1046NR

Anyway, if there is any wiggle at the AC adaptor socket, you need a new socket. Problem won't be finding the part, it will be finding a guy that has the equipment to service it.

Yes thats the one.

No wiggle as far as I can tell. If it were the case, it would pull the plug (pun intended) and forget about it forever. When I have a chance im going to have a look at the on board battery.

Latest posts