What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

BSOD When Opening Heaven or Valley

BabylonDown

*CHECK POST #24*

I just finished a build last night with the following components.

Intel 5820k
Gigabyte X99-SLI
4X4GB Corsair Dom Plat
EVGA G2 1300
XFX 290X DD
Crucial MX200 M.2 SSD

I previously had a x99 build using an X99-UD4 as opposed to the SLI model motherboard. I had a 5930k originally and Kingston RAM. The SSD still has the data from the previous build on it. All I get is a no signal screen. The PC boots up for 20 seconds and then shuts down and repeats.

I've read about issues with Gigabyte X99 boards and black screens, but I can't seem to fix the problem. I tried booting without the SSD and ive even tried another SSD with no luck. The mobo doesnt have any video inputs so im out of options. I'm just about ready to take it to Canada Computers to get resolved. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Shadowmeph

most likely something isn't seated properly ram sticks or Vid card , make sure all the plugins are hooked up properly then I would do the process of illumination with 1 stick ram if it still happens try another one if it still happens check other things are seated properly if every thing seems seated then pull the board and try running it out of the case to make sure it isn't a short some where

BabylonDown

most likely something isn't seated properly ram sticks or Vid card , make sure all the plugins are hooked up properly then I would do the process of illumination with 1 stick ram if it still happens try another one if it still happens check other things are seated properly if every thing seems seated then pull the board and try running it out of the case to make sure it isn't a short some where

I tried running one ram stick in every ram slot last night with no luck. Everything is seated properly. I double checked it all. I just pulled everything from the case and running it on the mobo box with an anti static bag and still no luck. I previously had an issue the last build with hdmi 2.0 settings from my seiki 4k monitor and the hdmi 2.0 adapter I was using, but never this kind of 20 second boot loop.

Should I try flashing the bios?

AkG

clear the bios back to stock settings. probably a ram timing (or voltage setting) that is causing the problem (when changing ram always go back to stock first... it can solve issues before they become issues) . If that doesnt work... yes. Flash the BIOS to latest and greatest. If that does not work. Pull the CPU and look for bent pins.

Good luck!

BabylonDown

clear the bios back to stock settings. probably a ram timing (or voltage setting) that is causing the problem (when changing ram always go back to stock first... it can solve issues before they become issues) . If that doesnt work... yes. Flash the BIOS to latest and greatest. If that does not work. Pull the CPU and look for bent pins.

Good luck!

I just flashed the bios using the latest non beta version F20. That didn't solve my issue. I just checked my cpu and socket and there are no bent pins. I don't have the original ram, but I know they were 1866 compared to my now 2666 sticks. I have no idea what to do from here.

AkG

Got anyone close by with standard voltage ram (most likely its voltage and not timings that are causing the problems)? IIRC the Dom plats require more than stock voltage... and can be persnickety on the first boot up.

jalmir

If the PC boots for 20 sec and then restarts then you might have a DOA motherboard (after all you have tried it should've booted).

... but then you just said you flashed the BIOS, how? You say you're in a boot loop without video output?

BabylonDown

Got anyone close by with standard voltage ram (most likely its voltage and not timings that are causing the problems)? IIRC the Dom plats require more than stock voltage... and can be persnickety on the first boot up.

No one close by that is computer proficient. The ram also has the light kit attached. Not sure if that would also be an issue.

If the PC boots for 20 sec and
then restarts then you might have a DOA motherboard (after all you have tried it should've booted).

... but then you just said you flashed the BIOS, how? You say you're in a boot loop without video output?

I flashed the bios using q flash from the white usb port. It doesn't require to get into bios to flash.

I have a feeling it's a dead board too. Anything I can try to confirm it?

jalmir

I flashed the bios using q flash from the white usb port. It doesn't require to get into bios to flash.

I have a feeling it's a dead board too. Anything I can try to confirm it?

I see, never used the feature so I didn't know! lol

I guess to confirm it you would need to test the other components with another motherboard.

BabylonDown

I see, never used the feature so I didn't know! lol

I guess to confirm it you would need to test the other components with another motherboard.

Great... ugh... anyone in the Victoria Park and Danforth area have an x99 board I can borrow? :D

Last edited:

Latest posts