What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

Lpfan4ever

If someone hadn't drove into my 97 Del Sol VTEC I'd still be driving it.

Heck as soon as I'm done with this job, I'm selling the RDX and will probably just by a used 3rd gen Prelude or an Accord.

It's too bad Honda decided to turn into the new Toyota in the mid 00s. Civics turned into land yachts compared to the older gens and they haven't had a fun 'sporty' car since the S2K, the new Civic SIRs are just so.... generic.

I really wanted a 6/7th gen Accord, but with the auto trannys being ticking time bombs it drives the price of the manuals up, especially if I went with the V6 coupe. Then with stuff like the Prelude/Integra the prices are absurd even with the rear quarters being composed of nothing but rust. Even the 98-00 Si have been ridiculous despite barely being any better than the EX I have. I jumped so hard on this EL when I saw it listed under $2k with a brand new set of all weathers and a pretty much immaculate interior.

Keltron 3030

There she be, a 98 Acura EL 1.6 Premium. So far I've found everything works, even the sunroof by some miracle.

IMG_20170122_152809.jpg

So, if im correct, you traded your civic.... for another civic :haha:

b1lk1

...but yeah basically. At least I have VTEC now :bleh:

Please tell me you are going to the Honda Racing school because if you are not properly prepared for VTEC it would be like doing a burnout in a Mustang near a crowd.......

As for which import, My 04 Mazda 6 V6 manual transmission that I own now is tone of the quickest (STOCK CARS ONLY) and most nimble Japanese 4 door I have ever driven, and I have driven damn near every single 1995-2005 model Japenese car available in Canada (used car dealer mechanic for 15 years). Downside is that parts are expensive, you could build 2 Civics for the price of 1 Mazda 6.

Last edited:

Keltron 3030

Please tell me you are going to the Honda Racing school because if you are not properly prepared for VTEC it would be like doing a burnout in a Mustang near a crowd.......

Yeah, Cuz he's gonna cause a scene with 1500 revs of VTEC:rofl:

It's only a D-series, so I think he should be fine.

zoob

Bought a Philips Hue Gen 3 starter kit. It's come a looong way since first gen, and integrates very well with Homekit. I'm going to try pairing my Z-Wave devices to the Hue bridge using openHAB since the HABMin2 scheduler is kind of broken ATM.