What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Anyone get an E8400 EO Revision?

Retro

I know the E8400, 8500, and 8600 EO revisions are out now, but most retailers are not saying anything yet. On the NCIX Forums, a guy claims to have gotten an E8400 EO from them, but if I order an E8400 I doubt that there is any way to be sure if it will be an EO or the older CO. Anyone know of any retailers in Canada that are shipping the newer revision?

Last edited:

zlojack

The safest be it to go into the shop for now, until you can be sure that the older stock has been flushed out.

Eldonko

Probably NCIX will be the first, but there is no guarantee unless you go to a store and have them check.

bojangles

Honestly it doesn't matter what revision of E8400 you get, they still overclock with full awesomeness!

Retro

Thanks for the replies.
I have an E8400 CO and an E8500 CO, both produce similar results and temps. while overclocking. The difference that is being widely reported on several overclockers forums is that the newer EO stepping chips can be clocked even higher, at lower vcore voltages, than the CO chips. This all helps to produce a good stable overclock at a reasonable vcore.

In any case, it is just a matter of time before these great cpu's will all be the newer revision. Then Nehalem should be launching:doh:

Last edited:

zlojack

Well, I wouldn't say "widely reported" so much as "widely speculated/hoped for".

Retro

Well, I wouldn't say "widely reported" so much as "widely speculated/hoped for".
Have a look at XtremeSystems Forums, for one source. The members there that have the EO stepping E8400'S and up generally post CPU-Z verified shots of their current settings and results. There are postings from various countries, US, Canada, Australia, Germany, etc.
As well as what motherboards, memory, etc. they are using and at various settings.

But I guess all these people are all just "speculating" and "hoping for" these results:whistle:

As they say, everyone is entitled to their opinion:doh:

zlojack

Have a look at XtremeSystems Forums, for one source. The members there that have the EO stepping E8400'S and up generally post CPU-Z verified shots of their current settings and results. There are postings from various countries, US, Canada, Australia, Germany, etc.
As well as what motherboards, memory, etc. they are using and at various settings.

But I guess all these people are all just "speculating" and "hoping for" these results:whistle:

As they say, everyone is entitled to their opinion:doh:
I've seen a few results on XS, but still nothing widespread. A lot of people are hoping the E0 versions of the E8400 will rock and a few early indications are that they will. The E8600 is phenomenal which has lead to a lot of (very reasonable) hope that the E8400 and E8500 E0 chips will also be great. Early indications as opposed to widespread reports.
And I read XS almost every day :bleh:
XtremeSystems Forums - View Profile: zlojack

Last edited: