What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Remind me why I live in BC?

Shadowmeph

If your location is correct you live in a very snobby area of Vancouver :haha:

:haha: it has grown in that area since the last time I was there.. ok not last time because I was at a wine tasting thing near there in Jan ( working) but it sure has change last time I was in that area before that was early 2000

Jokester

The interior still leaves me with all the expenses of BC

Guess you aren't aware that you pay less for fuel and insurance in the interior then? :haha:

I live in North Van and the wife and I keep thinking about getting over to the island. Least our place has gone up in value so could make it work.

CTA

What kind of vehicle do you insure?

I do consider to move out of lower Mainland... and not possible... other suitable (city) place is in Washington or little south... But who love Obama and or Trump? ;\

moocow

Port Moody is snobby? Obviously you never been to West Vancouver. I'm in North Vancouver living with my parents right now and I'm going to look for work out in Ottawa or Calgary when my current contract is done. Working on a Tableau project using housing data and damn it's insane. The issue is that I can't move to some backwood area since I'm a minority, people may think I'm driving up their house prices.

jcmaz

Folks at Port Moody are pretty well off but I wouldn't say they are snobby. West Vancouver and west side of Vancouver is where it's at! I just wish that Skytrain goes to where I work, by the automall, but that's a long shot.

Shadowmeph

Port Moody is snobby? Obviously you never been to West Vancouver. I'm in North Vancouver living with my parents right now and I'm going to look for work out in Ottawa or Calgary when my current contract is done. Working on a Tableau project using housing data and damn it's insane. The issue is that I can't move to some backwood area since I'm a minority, people may think I'm driving up their house prices.
I never liked that Word Minority .

if I could I would move as far out of the city as possible . I currently live in Aldergrove which reminds me allot of the way Whalley used to be way back in the early 70s but it still has problems but know where near else where, but prices are still up there especially Meat prices are still just stupid this area does usually have the cheaper prices in Fuel last I checked it was 1.19 per litre but still that is expensive for me to drive my ranger 4x4 becasue it is a pig on fuel. I remember years ago saying that I will stop driving ( not believing it would every happen) when fuels cost reached 4.00 per gallon. in langely it is around 1.40 per llitre that is just stupid. and living where I live ther are only 2 bus's the 503 which heads west and the other bus which goes to Abbotsford . it would take me at least 1 hr on a bus just to get to Surrey ( WHalley world) to catch the Skytrain and even on the sky train it is sketchy I used to see guys rubbing up against woman during rush hour or reaching into woman's purses when I had to go to Metro town in Burnaby every day for two week I always seen these things going on every day . I would get up ayt 5 catch the first bus at around 6 get to Metro town around 8:15 .
\
being what most people are now days an internet addict the only things I need are electricity running water Internet and a place to buy food so I can cook and eat and not get bored need the internet and PC to get lost gaming lol

I still haven't had a chanc just to unplug and get away from people for a wekk I used to do that but it is pretty much impossible to find anywhere there is no people and noise.

moocow

Please explain why it's a shit hole and it's not a dick question since I'm looking at it as an alternative to BC. How about the Maritime for tech jobs? I was very close to moving to Halifax for a Java developer job but it was pulled at the last minute.