What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

the_guitarboy

Nintendo Switch & Zelda BoTW! I'm going to be doing a bunch of traveling this year for work/music/vacation so I wanted something to help pass the time on all the flights. :punk:

lowfat

Staff member
I played the snot of Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart. But I can't play Z:BOTW. Both Mario games run @ 60FPS, Zelda runs @ 30FPS. I couldn't take the motion blur. Because of how the camera pans and the wavy grass, it the blur is really bad. Every time I've tried to play it I went up stopping after 20-30 minutes as I can't take it any more.

Prickly007

I've never done it myself, but I have read on r/coffee that adding a tiny amount of water (think spray bottle) to the beans before grinding can drastically lower static electricity. Our old Cuisinart grinder had the same issue, especially with Starbucks coffee.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I use Seattle Coffee Gear Staff Pick's as a good barometer of what to look at and consider:
https://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/staff-picks

My Baratza Vario has been flawless for the 8 years I've had it now...but it's no different than anything else, there are going to be lemon's and they arre tricky to learn and adapt for the newb as there are so many setting variables you can tweak, which is also it's strength, once you know what you're doing as it can grind for any coffee brewing style.

Don't get me wrong, the Rocky is good, but it's focus is espresso, so if that's all you're going for, definitely consider it for a budget solution...or the Rocket Espresso Macinatore Fausto Grinder, but if you need a grinder that will do all types of brewing, then it doesn't get better than the Baratza Vario for price to performance. for those of you who don't do or won't ever need espresso grind, the Baratza Encore is best buy. :)

further, the grinder is the single most important device in your coffee brewing and if you are a coffee nut, you will know the two rules of thumb that will make a good cup of joe, even if you only have a crummy whole bean to grind.

1) grind uniformity - in order to get grind uniformity, you need extremely tight tolerances, which takes time and engineering and that drives up the price, which is why the good grinders aren't cheap.
2) water temperature - you MUST brew with water that is between 192 - 202 degrees Farenheit.

I will always keep my Vario for my drip/french/pour over, but hope to get something like the Rocket Fausto to dial in my espresso bean and leave it. :ph34r:

wish they did have larger thermostat controlled electric kettles :p

Latest posts