What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Lenovo Thinkpad T450s

b1lk1

Depends on what else comes with it, but if it has a power supply and is mostly flawless then you could get $250 or so.

sswilson

Staff member
I'm guessing it's the 1600X900 screen?

I paid $450 (delivered) for a Dell E7440 w/ a 1080p touchscreen and a 120GB SSD so (IMO of course) I'd think $250 - $300 would be reasonable considering yours is one gen newer w/ a better sized SSD, but lower res non-touch screen and no OS.

I'm curious about the lack of OS.... were they purchased without an OS initially, or is there a procedure to (and reason for) de-link the original COA?

JD

Staff member
I'm curious about the lack of OS.... were they purchased without an OS initially, or is there a procedure to (and reason for) de-link the original COA?
Or the key was "accidentally" wiped out of the BIOS :whistle:

I've done that a few times with the Lenovos at work now, sometimes the BIOS flashing goes wrong and nukes the serial number, OEM key, model number, etc.

Depending on the condition of it, $300ish would be fair I think. It's 3 generations behind now and I would assume there's no warranty offered like you get with refurbished units.

attonbitusira

Thanks for the suggestions guys. These are off lease units, wiped for security. Sometimes the Windows 7/8/10 key is provided, sometimes not. In any case I can't guarantee the key works so I just sell the hardware. Often it is found under the battery but that's a bonus to the buyer. Will post to BST soon.