What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

HDD keeps showing 66 GB of Free Space

Gonzo

So I have a WD Black 2TB Drive (WDC WD2003FZEX-00Z4SA0) partitioned into 2 drives (F: and G:) The G: Partition keeps showing free space @ 66 GB even though there is about 300 GB. This just happened for no cause. CHKDSK shows no errors. SMART shows no errors. During an AVG Virus scan it scanned a very large amount of files in the drives recycle bin but when using Disk Cleanup it shows a Recycle Bin with 0 MB. Any idea what is happening here. Also computer has been scanned with AVG, HitMan Pro, Malwarebytes and adwCleaner and no virus or malware found.

Shadowmeph

hidden files or maybe Linux on it I know that on windows a while back I had both Linux and windows installed on a drive and it wouldn't show Linux at all.

On a slightly different note I bought a newer larger SSD and cloned my 120Gb onto the 256Gb drive then when IO look it showed my new 256Gb drive as only 120 Gb drive I had to go into the Windows management and make changes .

Ernimus Prime

So I have a WD Black 2TB Drive (WDC WD2003FZEX-00Z4SA0) partitioned into 2 drives (F: and G:) The G: Partition keeps showing free space @ 66 GB even though there is about 300 GB. This just happened for no cause. CHKDSK shows no errors. SMART shows no errors. During an AVG Virus scan it scanned a very large amount of files in the drives recycle bin but when using Disk Cleanup it shows a Recycle Bin with 0 MB. Any idea what is happening here. Also computer has been scanned with AVG, HitMan Pro, Malwarebytes and adwCleaner and no virus or malware found.

Did you by chance update windows 10 1803? I have a feeling if you did, its a hidden partition that has shown up after the update. Here is more info and a way to solve it.

https://www.tenforums.com/drivers-h...ndows-update-now-d-oem-partition-showing.html

Latest posts