What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

CD Projekt RED’s Witcher 2 Follow-Up Revealed: Cyberpunk 2077

Prickly007

You're not interested in this after watching/reading an article on a game called Cyberpunk 2077 because *gasp* its cyberpunk themed?

I don't really care for the particular aesthetic they opted for, I was hoping for something more along the lines of Altered Carbon.

And you'd rather Cyberpunk 2077 was medieval, Eastern Europe based?

No idea how you reached that conclusion. :bleh:

Lysrin

Playing Kingdom Come Deliverance? I don't have it yet but it might be exactly what you're looking for!

Lysrin

Watched the whole video and that has me more intrigued than the trailer they showed back in June. Some of it seemed similar to Deus Ex, particularly the RipperDoc. The systems/skills look interesting, combat I'm reserving judgement on. Not sure how much I want tracking bullets and x-ray vision these days. That seems to cater to the console crowd where aiming with a controller is problematic to say the least. Character models and customization certainly are impressive. Language I found a bit contrived and tiresome but that seems to be the trend in everything these days. But anyhoo... Voice acting seems pretty good even at this stage and the Maelstrom folks were certainly cringe worthy, in a good way!

It'll be interesting to see when it is released. Always hard to tell with a scripted demo like that how far along they really are. But certainly huge potential for an engrossing world and story. I wonder if that Jackie guy is your only companion? Likely not I'm guessing.

And personally I really liked the first person view. And the way first person looked is very convincing, particularly that RipperDoc scene for example when he is working around her doing the implants. Cool stuff.

Last edited:

belgolas

I am more hyped than ever for this game. At first hearing about this years ago I wasn't too excited but this gameplay demo seems like it could be a pretty good game. It still needs a lot of work but the foundation for an interesting story/world/game is there.

Arinoth

Staff member
Man does this ever look good and it's only in the Alpha stage (and looks to be a console version based on the interaction buttons). I believe Sagath could be right as they've stated they want to polish the game and not release a game with a lot of bugs or glitches. A lot of companies could learn from this. Despite probably looking forward to playing FO76 I exempt all sorts of game breaking stuff when it gets released because, Bethesda QA.

belgolas

Man does this ever look good and it's only in the Alpha stage (and looks to be a console version based on the interaction buttons). I believe Sagath could be right as they've stated they want to polish the game and not release a game with a lot of bugs or glitches. A lot of companies could learn from this. Despite probably looking forward to playing FO76 I exempt all sorts of game breaking stuff when it gets released because, Bethesda QA.

This is why I wait at least a few months after most major AAA game releases. There just are too many bugs in most AAA games. Not to mention by the time the bugs are fixed the game is 33% off or more.

Arinoth

Staff member
This is why I wait at least a few months after most major AAA game releases. There just are too many bugs in most AAA games. Not to mention by the time the bugs are fixed the game is 33% off or more.

Which is a sad state of of the industry if that's the norm for most AAA games....

Latest posts