What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Android 9 Pie rolling out to Pixels

chrisk

Folding Captain
"2016 Pixel XL owners experiencing issues with quick chargers after Android Pie update"
https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/...ing-issues-quick-chargers-android-pie-update/

Supposedly the bug is flagged as 'unfixable'.

I'm wondering if the issue was created or worded incorrectly?

I ran the last two betas on my 2XL and running Pie now. The first beta I ran was excellent, but the final beta and Pie official I seem to have notifications for Whattsapp that does not always work, even though I have turned off battery management for the app. Have had a few more app crashes on official Pie as well. Rock solid on 8.1 and the first beta I ran.

lowfat

Staff member
I tried it today on my new phone. The nav bar gestures are terrible. I just don't see the reasoning of getting rid of the recent apps button. Switching between apps was such a hassle. I am downgrading to Oreo for this reason alone.

JD

Staff member
I tried it today on my new phone. The nav bar gestures are terrible. I just don't see the reasoning of getting rid of the recent apps button. Switching between apps was such a hassle. I am downgrading to Oreo for this reason alone.
I've just become accustomed to mis-swiping and entering the wrong thing :whistle:

No different from when I use my work iPhone either...

I guess I just don't have the right finger movements or something.

chrisk

Folding Captain

You can enable the old nav bar on Pixel1/2 and keep Pie.

lowfat

Staff member
You can enable the old nav bar on Pixel1/2 and keep Pie.

Not using a Pixel but I still had the option. Really wish I could somehow use the awesome edge gestures that MIUI has without having to use MIUI. Was able to completely disable the nav bar because they worked so well. The extra screen real estate was nice.

Swiping from the edge to go back is good. But swiping from edge and holding go to previous app was amazing. Haven't found any other solution that works.

On2wheels

Well 9 sneakily found its way onto my MiA1 last night, the February security update came in and bundled Pie with it, but I'm not that bothered by it so far, it even saved all my preferences for options I had turned off, but that wifi scanning feature was on by default even when wifi is off, so I toggled it.
How many of you do a clean reset when the OS has a major update like this?

Lysrin

I don't ever do a clean reset for these. Using a Pixel 2 now, but I have never had any issues with big updates direct from Google, even back to my Nexus days. Given the time-sync of setting everything up again I wouldn't reset until after I had issues. But I do make sure important stuff is backed up before I let the update happen. For me on my phone that is only pictures really.

chrisk

Folding Captain
I almost always do a reset lol. But I have a process down-pat. I also use Onedrive sync and all my media is backed up and sync'd to my 1TB Onedrive acct. Usually I have a movie or something on and my phone is back to what it it was prior by the time I'm finished my movie. Just have to do a few bluetooth things, etc. when I get back out to the car.

I also use Nova Launcher, so my home screens, icons, folders, and widgets are all good to go as well.

Lysrin

I almost always do a reset lol. But I have a process down-pat. I also use Onedrive sync and all my media is backed up and sync'd to my 1TB Onedrive acct. Usually I have a movie or something on and my phone is back to what it it was prior by the time I'm finished my movie. Just have to do a few bluetooth things, etc. when I get back out to the car.

I also use Nova Launcher, so my home screens, icons, folders, and widgets are all good to go as well.

There you go! :haha: Yeah, it certainly isn't a bad idea to reset. I just don't and have then been reinforced in my behaviour by Google handling these updates pretty well, in my experience anyway.

Latest posts