What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

how many of you use a notebook as primary computer?

rjbarker

Aren't laptops hard to cool? If you use them for gaming, don't they get hot or warm? I suspect the fans get loud?
I would recommend an ITX build if you want to game and have it somewhat mobile. The only negative for that is that you have to connect a display but how different is that with some notebooks that are 'hybrids' - acting as tablets with the screen detachable?
At least, with some itx builds, you can install discrete graphics cards of your choice (for the most part - within limits). Yes, those are hard to cool, too, and you might have noise but I suspect it's easier to deal with than notebooks - probably cheaper, too?

Try and put an ITX build in a Swiss Brief Case :doh: ...we're talking "portable" as in hotel rooms...at work (work out of town).....need to be able to transport it in a brief case....

yes, gaming notebooks get warm...hot even, but when gaming it's likely to be on a desk/table, not your lap, so heat isn't an issue unless there is serious CPU throttling going on.

they get toasty but new (especially MSI / ROG) are built for this....I recommend sticking to a 15" vs a 17" ....lighter and more portable...set-up an aggressive fan speed for your GPU .....my ROG Asus runs all new titles on the 1070M very well at Med to High settings 1920 *1080....GPU reaches and settles at around 75c - 82c .....dont notice the fan noise much as your usually wearing head phones or ear buds.....

Last edited:

Latest posts