What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD shares a sqeak on 3rd gen Ryzen CPU

SneakySnake

Performance looks quite promising. Obviously we don't know the frequency of the Ryzen part, but I assume it is similar to the Intel chip which means the IPC gap is effectively closed.

It also seems pretty obvious that there is space for an additional 'module' or w/e you call it to allow for up to 16 cores on a Ryzen 9 part. You can even seem the wiring for the 2nd module during some brief moments when the light catches it.

It is looking like we can expect the following things from Ryzen 3:

• Same IPC as coffee lake
  • 30% less power draw then coffee lake
  • Up to 16c/32t

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Performance looks quite promising. Obviously we don't know the frequency of the Ryzen part, but I assume it is similar to the Intel chip which means the IPC gap is effectively closed.

It also seems pretty obvious that there is space for an additional 'module' or w/e you call it to allow for up to 16 cores on a Ryzen 9 part. You can even seem the wiring for the 2nd module during some brief moments when the light catches it.

It is looking like we can expect the following things from Ryzen 3:

• Same IPC as coffee lake
  • 30% less power draw then coffee lake
  • Up to 16c/32t

I think the really interesting part is that traditionally AMD has lagged in speed vs intel so this might actually mean that they are competing at a lower Ghz with a better IPC. :shok:

Caldezar

They did better than just the CPU. They also demo'd a new 'Radeon 7' GPU that appears to compete in the high end for a reasonable price. Although benchmarks weren't available, the demo was of the new DMC at 4K, and played "well above 60FPS". I'm reserved until I see some independant reviews, but I'm optimistic that this time around Ryzen might actually have something to swing at nVidia. Especially if it's coming in at a reasonable price. (High end card has a $699USD MSRP AND comes bundeled with a couple games.) We'll find out soon, since the release date is Feb. 7th!

moocow

What do people think of Adore TV's rumor on Ryzen 3K now that they shown the pre-production chip? I mean there's room for a 2nd chiplet or GPU and if you look at the rumor specs, the Ryzen 7 and 9 doesn't have a G model so it seem it's possible what AMD shown at CES is a Ryzen 5 with one chiplet and it's kind of holding its own against i9-9900K.

gingerbee

So far from tech yes ( youtuber ) they said nothing about core counts just mentioned the 8 core 16 thread gets a better cinebench score then 9900k for less power. so far I am happy hoping on more cores and speed lol but he did say all core are connected in silicon so better talk between cores now

ipaine

Well I'm disappointed. Firstly the mid 2019 release sucks, I want to rebuild but didn't really want to wait that long.

Secondly, I mean really, no real info. Yes, it is lower power and yes it is even with the 9900k at cinebench, which really doesn't mean a lot with regards to gaming. And running forza at 1080p does not show me that it is doing great.

I want the chips and I really hope that they can deliver but was hoping for a lot more information.

gingerbee

guys there playing chess with Intel, not checkers if they tell all Intel will know what's up and speed up production of 10nm if they can they want to drop a bomb on them if they can and gain more maker share this is why I think they only showed a little to keep us wanting more.

I understand if you need to build now you wanted the big thing from them but you can always buy a ryzen 7 1700 and upgrade later for a very good price IMHO. I am glad to see AMD is acting like a real company that has thigs to hide cause there good lol

Entz

What do people think of Adore TV's rumor on Ryzen 3K now that they shown the pre-production chip? I mean there's room for a 2nd chiplet or GPU and if you look at the rumor specs, the Ryzen 7 and 9 doesn't have a G model so it seem it's possible what AMD shown at CES is a Ryzen 5 with one chiplet and it's kind of holding its own against i9-9900K.
The crazy thing is that if you believe Jims leaks (I do) then I agree what they demoed was Ryzen 5 3600X and that was beating a 9900K. If that is truly the case then AMD has a massive win on their side, especially at $230 USD.

Nothing disproved his leaks imo, although more information would of been nice.

Edit: Ugh quoted wrong person lol...now fixed