What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

sswilson

Staff member
What's the one thing common to just about every ad on kijiji placed by an experienced seller???? I'd suggest that it's the inclusion of something along the lines of "If the ad's still up, the item's still available" somewhere in the text of the message.....

Why then.... pray tell.... did kijiji management decide that the best possible default response text would be "Hi, I'm interested! Please contact me if this is still available." when it should have been patently obvious to anybody with a brain that sellers detest getting messages asking if an item is still available!?!?!?!?

Last edited:

Prickly007

What's the one thing common to just about every ad on kijiji placed by an experienced seller???? I'd suggest that it's the inclusion of something along the lines of "If the ad's still up, the item's still available" somewhere in the text of the message.....

I go one step further, posting:

**If you see this ad, item(s) is still for sale. So don't email to ask, it will go unanswered!**

Seems to have worked, now if only the low ballers would sod off. :doh:

sswilson

Staff member
Hrmmmm......

So I ordered a cheaparse refurb bluetooth speaker from vision's electronics, and the packing slip lists my IP under customer information.... is it just me, or does that seem like a bit much?..... especially since it also includes my name, full address, phone number, and email addy.............

JD

Staff member
Hrmmmm......

So I ordered a cheaparse refurb bluetooth speaker from vision's electronics, and the packing slip lists my IP under customer information.... is it just me, or does that seem like a bit much?..... especially since it also includes my name, full address, phone number, and email addy.............
Most websites record your IP when ordering, help with fraud investigations I suspect. Interesting that they chose to print it on the packing slip though.

sswilson

Staff member
Most websites record your IP when ordering, help with fraud investigations I suspect. Interesting that they chose to print it on the packing slip though.

Yeah, I know my IP is being logged for everything I do online, but it just struck me as odd to see it listed on the packing slip.

Lysrin

Why then.... pray tell.... did kijiji management decide that the best possible default response text would be "Hi, I'm interested! Please contact me if this is still available." when it should have been patently obvious to anybody with a brain that sellers detest getting messages asking if an item is still available!?!?!?!?

I don't disagree, but I have (don't hate me) been that buyer asking that question because I have had several cases where the only response I got back was "Sold". So not everyone is diligent at taking down their ads I'm afraid. What's a buyer to do?

sswilson

Staff member
I don't disagree, but I have (don't hate me) been that buyer asking that question because I have had several cases where the only response I got back was "Sold". So not everyone is diligent at taking down their ads I'm afraid. What's a buyer to do?

Act as if the item is obviously still available (otherwise the seller would have removed it) and grumble under your breath if the seller comes back with "sold" after you contact him/her/it..... ;)

Lysrin

Act as if the item is obviously still available (otherwise the seller would have removed it) and grumble under your breath if the seller comes back with "sold" after you contact him/her/it..... ;)

Well... I do have the grumbling part down :biggrin:

Latest posts