What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

rumors surface of a GTX 1650 GPU to arrive soon...

Bond007

that does make sense. let's just hope they don't screw up with their bottom tier GPU like they did with the GT 1030. :blarg:

Though to be fair the 1030 was fine for its intended market of those not having IGP or wanting a bit more......until they silently released the ddr4 variants

sswilson

Staff member
that does make sense. let's just hope they don't screw up with their bottom tier GPU like they did with the GT 1030. :blarg:

Though to be fair the 1030 was fine for its intended market of those not having IGP or wanting a bit more......until they silently released the ddr4 variants

Yes, I'm a perfect example of that.... IGP wasn't quite beefy enough to run plane9, but wanted/needed something relatively low powered that'd fit in a half-height format off-lease case. (but yes.... quietly releasing the gimped version(s) without changing the model number was a scummy move).

Soultribunal

Staff member
Yes, I'm a perfect example of that.... IGP wasn't quite beefy enough to run plane9, but wanted/needed something relatively low powered that'd fit in a half-height format off-lease case. (but yes.... quietly releasing the gimped version(s) without changing the model number was a scummy move).

They did that with the MX150 too, and with them releasing the MX230 and 250 people think its the same thing that is going to happen.

I don't mind them harvesting what can't be used in other RTX lines. I guess they have to monetize everything they can given that their GPU sales have sunk a bit.

And Intel is pouring on the pressure now. Nvidia is I think, going to feel it soon.

-ST

Latest posts