What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Dell t7400 - 8 pin problem

enaberif

Can you explain the problem? again, I will listen and not attempt this but I am happy to learn too

Without knowing the specifics of how the rails work on the power supply, you could overload a rail and then cause damage and premature failure of hardware.

can use this and pliers to connect wires from extra PSU to the dell PSU

Please just stop.

danmitch1

This is quite easy to fix as I have successfully converted a dell BTX psu to ATX.
1 - Get a multimeter.
2 - Buy this and this
3 - Check a bunch of free wires with the multimeter and match the voltage while you follow this
4 - Pop out the pins and connect the correct pins to the connectors you bought.

Am I missing something?

enaberif

This is quite easy to fix as I have successfully converted a dell BTX psu to ATX.
1 - Get a multimeter.
2 - Buy this and this
3 - Check a bunch of free wires with the multimeter and match the voltage while you follow this
4 - Pop out the pins and connect the correct pins to the connectors you bought.

Am I missing something?

Easy? Depends on skill level. For you and I? Sure.

Here is the one I built.
https://i.imgur.com/4vk47eY.jpg

danmitch1

Yeah true enough! But, worse thing that happened to me is tearing the skin on my fingers after a stubborn pin decides to finally pull out!

danmitch1

Yup, but i was using 2 standard sized staples to release the hooks. Every now and again they would be stubborn and pop out unexpectedly...

Latest posts