What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Where to buy audio wire/cables (for Klipsch 4.1)?

Prickly007

The cabling got disturbed and, despite days of fiddling, the crackling won't go away, so it is time to replace the original wiring. But google is failing me.

Anybody know where to buy audio cables that have a bare end AND a 3.5mm jack? Everything I found is ~ six feet or less, the original ones were at least nine feet.

JD

Staff member
Not quite sure what you mean, but couldn't you just buy a 3.5mm cable and cut the end off then strip it?

And it could potentially be that the amplifier itself is dying as well, I know it was pretty common on the 5.1 set as I went through 2 before giving up.

Prickly007

Not quite sure what you mean, but couldn't you just buy a 3.5mm cable and cut the end off then strip it?

bare wire (to plug into subwoofer) ...... cord..... 3.5mm jack

I wondered about buying something like https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01CNAV2YW/ref=twister_B01GTH5Z3E But was not sure if it would work or not, i.e. are there two wires inside?

Was also hoping for something a little cheaper

And it could potentially be that the amplifier itself is dying as well.

99% sure that isn't it.

JD

Staff member

Prickly007

I found a 3.5mm audio cable in my box of random/leftover parts and tried stripping it, but the wires inside were far to thin to plug into the subwoofer.

Is it a stereo jack or mono?

Not a clue, the bare wire end is a + and - wire

Never thought it would be this hard.

sswilson

Staff member
Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
The cabling got disturbed and, despite days of fiddling, the crackling won't go away, so it is time to replace the original wiring. But google is failing me.

Anybody know where to buy audio cables that have a bare end AND a 3.5mm jack? Everything I found is ~ six feet or less, the original ones were at least nine feet.

Not ideal, but if you don't want to solder how about one of the shorter cables you've been able to find plugged into a m/f extension cable?

https://www.amazon.ca/AmazonBasics-3-5mm-Female-Stereo-Audio/dp/B01CNAV1K2

Latest posts